• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "austrian type-R" NSX

@austrian type-R could you kindly verify the part number for the seat belt receivers you used please? Thanks much!

I just verified that 04823-ST7-A05ZA is not the seat belt receiver austrian type-R is using. I just ordered 04823-S6M-A01ZA which may be it but yes it would be of great help if he had just posted the part number up from the start.

Honestly I do not know the part number, cause I have some parted out ITRs here and I just used them and tried my luck. I think this could fit from many other cars as well, just need to be a bit longer then oem NSX receiver. The belt receiver is a int. standard I think. thanks

If you don't know what he part number is could you tell us what year ITR you think this is from. I just verified that it's not any of the rear seat belt receivers for the DC2 or the DC5 Type-R. So it must be one of the front ones which is strange because they look like solid receivers.

DC5 rear receivers look similar but don't work. I already bought a set of rear USDM DC2 and DC5 receivers. Both don't work but it looks like the Europe DC2 ITR has a different buckle than the USDM version.

Ladys and gentlemens. Today we tested 3 different intakes. That means same dyno, same conditions, same car, same tuner.

Winning system is the oem box with oem filter and procar intake tube.

The gain with the comptech airbox and procar intake tube was zero. Thanks to primemember greenbaret for borrowing it to me.

The big cf intake box made by procar which is equipped with a apexi airfilter hurted by 13!!! horsepower.

We also tested the oem resonator tubing with the oem airbox.....lost 4hp versus the procar intake tube.

Cone filter on a 50cm intake tub. Hurts by 6hp compared to the oem box.

This was tested on my modified engine

348hp to the engine with oem or comptech box. 336hp with the procar box.

....stick with the oem box, it is the best and use a procar or downforce intake tube.

dyno_08_20162iywx.jpg

dyno_08_2016_nmias65.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder. I drive with the OEM box. The overpriced junk might feel faster just because your wallet weighs less. :wink:

Did you test the procar box plus downforce intake Scoop in combonation as well?

yes of course. We tested all boxes with the Procar tube and since the best box was the oem box, we started from there and tried the oem intake tube with resonator tube on the oem box. With the resonator tube, we lost 4hp and without the resonator tube (only usinf the first "bigger" part of the oem intake tube) we lost 2 hp....compared to oem Box with Procar intake tube

So just to make it clear for me: procar box in combonation with downforce intake Scoop was 13 hp less than with OEM box??

yes of course. We tested all boxes with the Procar tube and since the best box was the oem box, we started from there and tried the oem intake tube with resonator tube on the oem box. With the resonator tube, we lost 4hp and without the resonator tube (only usinf the first "bigger" part of the oem intake tube) we lost 2 hp....compared to oem Box with Procar intake tube

So just to make it clear for me: procar box in combonation with downforce intake Scoop was 13 hp less than with OEM box??

Yes thats right. But I do not use a DF intake tube, I use the Procar, but I do not think there is that much of a difference.

I also tried the Procar box on my stock engine years ago and it had 303hp with Taitec headers and exhaust. Too bad I did not test it the same day with a stock airbox. Maybe I would have hit 308hp? Who knows. ....But some day I will test that too, since I have stock NSX at my place here and there.

Hi,

did you by any chance tested any other filter inside the OEM airbox?

i use the OEM airbox with a KN filter and a CF duct to the side vent.

I wonder what would be the difference, if any or if it is even noticeable,
between the OEM airfilter and a KN

Thanks,
Nuno

They tested two air filters in my Comptech airbox: an OEM paper filter and the oiled foam Unifilter that Comptech sells.

The Comptech airbox is a copy of an OEM airbox except with a larger intake opening. It inhales air through the regular intake opening in the side wall of the engine compartment as well as through the hole in the side wall through which the fuel tank pipe passes. The regular intake opening is already larger than the OEM airbox's exit and in these tests, the even larger Comptech intake opening didn't result in more power. So for the air filter tests, the Comptech airbox was probably a good proxy for a stock airbox.

When the filters were tested, the horsepower with the OEM and foam filters was identical down to a tenth of a horsepower, if I remember correctly. The foam filter didn't let the engine breathe more air and produce more horsepower. The difference is probably that the OEM filter keeps more dirt out of the engine while the foam filter lets more induction noise through.

Last edited:
The difference is probably that the OEM filter keeps more dirt out of the engine...
If people really want to mess up the engine oil with dirt they should install an oiled foam airfilter. :)
With an aftermarket intake scoop you get about double the amount of dirt in the air filter in the same time as with the 'restricted' OEM one. I had to change the air filter quite often.
OEM rules.

Sad I did not have time to visit ...

Cool results. Exactly what everyone who knows Honda engines always tells you ... OEM Airbox is best, even with engine mods.

I believe the difference between the airboxes would be less with a stock engine though.

Bernhard

Yes thats what I think, when I hitted 303PS with the stock engine + IHE, I was happy + I doubt I could have reached more, since other people are getting about 300HP with Headers and Exhaust keeping the stock Airbox. So in fact I think, the Procar and other intakes will not hurt or hurt much on a stock engine. The Procar Airbox is IMO one of the best looking and it is lighter than the OEM unit. All people should R&D test their NA engines when they try to tune them up.

I am back from German Time Attack at EUROSPEEDAY track. I won my class (Club 2WD) next to a Nissan 370Z with more than 4 seconds ahead of it. Me on the Federal 595RSR which are known for very good price/performance ratio but the slowest of most Semis. The Z on Toyo R888. It was now the 2nd run on this track with my new setup and it seems it is about 3 seconds faster than with stock engine when I drove last year on the same track. Here is a link to a video which my friend Andre in his EVO9 with about 400bhp made. Andre loaded it up on facebook, I don't know if it works for you.

https://www.facebook.com/andre.urban.58/videos/1252835798082282/

The 2nd race was a 1/4 mile Event in Gemany. The car is now 5 kmh and 0.350 faster than last year. The added 50bhp are well worth it. Some times from other cars

BMW 335i 13.3xx
BMW M4 12.6xx
ATR NSX 12.9xx
Corvette 5.8 12,8xx
Porsche 997 GTS 12,903

look at the dimensions.

13987511_758588584280ogunn.jpg

13938198_121396693195sgunb.jpg

Well done!
Be aware that your front number plate will considerably reduce the cooling capacity of the radiator.
On track, I'm obliged to take mine off completely.

Well done!
Be aware that your front number plate will considerably reduce the cooling capacity of the radiator.
On track, I'm obliged to take mine off completely.

Thanks I will do this next time, but I have to remove the front undertray first to get access for the bolts. I have a big PWR radiator and just had a minor heat problem the first time on track with the new setup. The needle showed one line over center line, then I turned on the the heater on my AC control. Helped a bit :)

Last edited:
Back