• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The best advice for getting an NSX

Hi everyone,

I'm still in high school and I've been dreaming of owning an NSX. If there is one advice that you can give me, what would it be?

If you don't mind then post your current career. Thanks
smile.gif

------------------
VTEC power!!!!

Go to College
smile.gif

Seth Urban (USMC)

No need to apologize. There have been some heated discussion about this in the past.
I think it's better for all not to have another one, so checking out the previous threads is a good start.
smile.gif

Heres a short road to quick achievement if you want to have one before you get out of college:

1) Pick a major that gets money quick (Like CS)

2) Drive a beater for a few years, or better yet a motorcyle (stash 200 away a month)

3) When in college get an hourly job with permission to work overtime, and blow your first summer working 80+ hours a week.

You could have it by your sophomore year...

Good luck!

------------------
95 T bl/bl @ 39.6K
DC Headers
RM DTM Exhaust
CT Strut Tower Bar

Or you could invest the approximately $32k and invest an additional $2k a year (owning and operating the NSX will cost at least that much) and at 10% annual return it would be over $6 million by the time you retired.

I'm not saying don't buy the car, just be aware of what spending that much of your disposable income when you are young really means.

Originally posted by Lud:
Or you could invest the approximately $32k and invest an additional $2k a year (owning and operating the NSX will cost at least that much) and at 10% annual return it would be over $6 million by the time you retired.

I'm not saying don't buy the car, just be aware of what spending that much of your disposable income when you are young really means.

Well said!!! A little now equals ALOT later.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
Well said!!! A little now equals ALOT later.

Yea, but by then he's in an old person's home, looking back on his squandered life, wishing he'd bought that NSX when he was young enough to appreciate and enjoy it, plus of course it's now worth big bucks as a classic!!
wink.gif

keep the picture in your mind sometimes in the back but keep it ,especially on your 25 th' hour of work and you,ll have it.no matter what hurdles you have to jump youll clear them and remember,enjoy the struggle to get there, you only see those times once.good luck.PS if your licenced and in the a.z area you can drive mine .i wish someone had offered that to me .good luck .keep the faith!!

------------------

Actually, it doesn't matter if you go to college (I'm proof of that), and it doesn't matter how good your job is or exactly how much money you make.

What matters is that you make the choice to get one and you follow-through with it. The rest will fall in place.

When I was 19 years old, I went to a big AMWAY (yes, I know - it was a phase) convention in Portland, where one of the "big guys", Greg Duncan, had his brand new silver '92 NSX on the 'floor' of the convention center. I stood next to the car with a friend of mine and looked at him and said "I'm going to get one of those" - and I meant it. He laughed and said "yah right".

Roughly five years later, I had my first NSX.

Do what you say, say what you mean, and always follow-through.

You'll get what you want - and that applies to EVERYTHING
smile.gif

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T

great advise david.from being on welfair to owning 2 corperations.nsx,lambo and others the jet is next.i just wear it loosly.its not a meens to an end.the greatest success,s were far more intangible.from someone who was suspended 9 times in the 1 st'quarter of 9 th' grade then trown out on my ear.and they said i'd never make it past 18.im just getting started.there are good days and then there are growing days!!

------------------

There is another option that isn't talked about much.... marry well!
biggrin.gif
This doesn't mean you not working for it though. On second thought.... nah that's too much pain to put up with! Get a job and save for it.

I wont tell you not to invest for your retirement, but come on....there's a big difference between being young and single and driving a car like the NSX and being 60 with several million dollars trying to have fun in the NSX. Here's my advice: dont be too spendthrift, choose a good career (medicine, dentistry, finance, programmer) where you'll make good money, keep your credit good, save up for a down payment and go for it. Buy one! I did (I'm 25)!!! The key thing in anything you do is that you work hard! You're only young once and in this day and age who knows what could happen. Some idiot could fly a plane into your building or whatever and then its all over.

Back