• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The longest Running SoCal NSX Drive is On!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Regan,
Thanks for sharing the videos. Gave me a chance to relive parts of a great drive yesterday:smile:

Absolutely fantastic event. Thank you to everyone that had something to do with organizing it, and the sponsors. I am really happy the rain held off until the end and was EXHAUSTED after all was said and done.

Les - You are required to post pics after install :)

Absolutely fantastic event. Thank you to everyone that had something to do with organizing it, and the sponsors. I am really happy the rain held off until the end and was EXHAUSTED after all was said and done.

Les - You are required to post pics after install :)

Will do.
You know I was kidding about being faster than you after I install it:smile: Maybe I will be able to see your tail lights better though:tongue:

^Les, don't worry, you will be faster than Steve. I thought someone mentioned about fast car, slow driver?:biggrin: wakakakakaka

^Les, don't worry, you will be faster than Steve. I thought someone mentioned about fast car, slow driver?:biggrin: wakakakakaka

Thanks Hugo, but I think we both know that it's "Really fast car and driver":wink:

My first NSX run , and I have to say a massive thank you to all involved in putting this together. My son and I had a great day. Special thanks to all in group 1 for showing me what these incredible machines are capable of.
See you all soon I hope,

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Another great NSX event under my belt! Thanks go out to John, Tina, Scott, Linda, and mother nature! A big thank you to the sponsors for all the AWESOME raffle prizes! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Taylor and I had a blast! She said we need to do more endurance kart racing. :cool:

Oh, and to some of the folks thinking about selling their NSX... don't do it!

--Conrad

P.S. When's the next one?

Great event, many thanks to John, Tina, and Scott for your efforts. I don't ever remember driving that hard as in those canyons. It was very exciting. I kept on thinking that my tires were doing a great job. I turned the Tractions Control off and the car just cut through the corners. Can't wait till next time. I did not cart as I was just too tired. It happens to some of us as we get a bit older. That was a long drive, about 5 hours worth. Sad to say my car did get a bit dirty. In the morning Victoria took all the tape off so when I walked out to take a look at the car I was shocked. She said the tape probably came off due to the rain and wild driving. I kind of bought it, till she looked at me and smiled. Oh well I was believing that I had driven really really fast.
Manny

Last edited:
Big thanks to the volunteer organizers John, Tina, Scott and Linda for another great canyon drive. Good to spend the whole day with fellow NSX peeps.
Thanks to the sponsors too!
See you next year.

Perry

P.S. When's the next one?[/QUOTE]

We can have one in San Diego. I have a suggestion. Since Conrad and Randy went to the Fiesta and the Expo, would you mind to share your experience, pix, video, stores with us San Diego folks who did not go?

We can use the conference room in my company for slide show/video and its in Scripps Ranch off Carrol Canyon exit. Plenty of parking on Sunday. Miramar karting is close by as well so we can do a Highland valley/Palomar/Ramona drive and we don;t have to get up at 5am like Nacho.

I say in Jan/Feb would be a good time for this. Whata ya say?

Tim

Last edited:
I say in Jan/Feb would be a good time for this. Whata ya say?
Tim

January and February are not good months for a Palomar Runs. There is too much 'black ice' and snow.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Another great NSX event under my belt! Thanks go out to John, Tina, Scott, Linda, and mother nature! A big thank you to the sponsors for all the AWESOME raffle prizes! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Taylor and I had a blast! She said we need to do more endurance kart racing. :cool:

Yes, agreed on the karting! Thank you John, Tina, Scott, Linda and sponsors for another great event!

Fortunately very little rain on the drive back to SD. :smile:

--Conrad

As Scott said earlier in this thread, "Don't think like that..." :tongue::wink:

---Troy

--Conrad

P.S. When's the next one?

I'm one of those that is selling their car. Believe me, I do not want to sell her, it just that I've been unemployed since June with no immediate propects, so I have to sell my car. However, when I do get a job, I'll be looking for amother one, and this time it will be a manual, and possible a NA-2, if I can get a good deal.

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
See link below for Videos from 10th Annual CalCoastal NSX Canyon Drive.

http://vimeo.com/album/1491179

I apologize for the poor audio quality, I didn't the have the time to edit.
Many thanks again to the organizers of this great event - John, Scot & Tina and our sponsors - for the wonderful prizes. Also, to those who made it to the drive - thanks for keeping it safe and exciting.

Looking forward for next year's drive. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks Henry for sharing those videos. Now I get an idea of how poorly I take on the canyons. I definitely need more practice. BTW, cool video cam you used!

Thanks Henry for sharing those videos. Now I get an idea of how poorly I take on the canyons. I definitely need more practice. BTW, cool video cam you used!

You did great Ted!! Your car looks and sounds mean...:wink:

First, I want to say that this post is wayyyyy over due!!!

I want to thank everyone who showed up and made this one of the longest running NSX get togethers in history. 10 Years and counting.
Did we get lost? You bet! Did we have fun? You can say that! After driving all the miles, we then had to go karting. Talk about a long day. Oh, and then the rain.......never forget to bring your wipers John :redface:
Much kudos to Scott, my lovely wife Tina, Ilya and his girlfriend and last but not least -Gil.
Thanks to all of you who attended/helped me make this another not to be missed event. Without you guys, I would have never been able to pull this off and keep my hair and sanity. I appreciate everyone who showed up and supported me- without you, it wouldn't have happened either. Randy and Eric, you made it to the 10th drive!!!
Hope all is well and hope to see everyone again soon,
John :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It was a great drive, some fun karting and a great time. We never finished the second leg of the drive and those are some great roads. Maybe one of the future drives can re-incorporate them somehow.

I went on the original few CalCoastal drives, disappeared for over 5 years, and when I returned the drive was still going strong! A tradition of the NSX SoCal community if there ever was one. Looking forward to next year and a huge thanks to John, Tina, Scott and everyone else who keeps making it happen. Always worth the drive, no matter where it is.

Back