• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The longest Running SoCal NSX Drive is On!!

Is anyone driving from San Diego? Maybe a meeting place can be set up to caravan up...

I spoke to Randy and he is leaving from OC so we are on our own.
Lets meet at Scripps Parkway Vons at 5:30am:eek:
I did not know this but its gonna take about 2.5hr to get up there:eek: with min. traffic.

Tim

I spoke to Randy and he is leaving from OC so we are on our own.
Lets meet at Scripps Parkway Vons at 5:30am:eek:
I did not know this but its gonna take about 2.5hr to get up there:eek: with min. traffic.

Tim

Hey Tim- sounds good to me. Is that the Vons on Poway Road? If so I will see you there at 5:30am. It is a 2.5 hr drive to Sunland so we'd definitely have to leave early. I'll PM you my cell# just in case.
Thanks!
Bryana

A little check list of things to bring/do.

WHAT TO BRING:

1. Water and a snack for our mid morning break time, as the Lunch is happening around 1:00pm.
2. Dramamine for your passengers. We're not going straight folks!
3. Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm.
4. Radio (Only the freq 464.55/yellow band will work)
5. Bring your camera or camcorder

Since karting follows the drive, I'd also add HELMET. :)

See you in Sunland. Would love to have driven up with you guys, but I need the extra hour or so of sleep. :)

ROFL, I don't blame you. Good thing I'm used to waking up at 5:00AM for work. :tongue: But yes, will see you in Sunland. Can't wait-should be a lot of fun!

SD folks,

I won't be leaving from SD Sunday morning, so I'll have to see you at main meeting point.

-Randy

Randy and anyone from OC,
We are leaving from FV at 6:15 and heading to the 57 to meet Tino and maybe Manny at 6:45 and then to the 210 to meet with Mario at 7:30. Interested?
Les

Last edited:
Just an FYI - If you paid, are on the list and do not receive a Private Message with the meeting point by 8:15 PM tonight, you need to send a Private Message to CalCoastal NSX ASAP. Be aware we will not be sending the meeting point by any other means, this means no emails or phone calls.

Well, i just got home. Car is wet and dirty, I'm tired, hands sore and face muscles ache from smiling..... doesn't get any better than this!!!

Thank you John, Scott, our lead car drivers and copilots, our last car (clean up), and the rest of the organizers that have put a ton of time and energy into making another successful event! Thank you sponsors for the generous gifts and prizes!

I don't usually get a chance to drive my NSX as often and as spirited as today, but Holy CRAP! The NSX is an awesome car and the NSX community is a great group of enthusiasts! C u all on the road!

well, i just got home. Car is wet and dirty, i'm tired, hands sore and face muscles ache from smiling..... Doesn't get any better than this!!!

Thank you john, scott, our lead car drivers and copilots, our last car (clean up), and the rest of the organizers that have put a ton of time and energy into making another successful event! Thank you sponsors for the generous gifts and prizes!

I don't usually get a chance to drive my nsx as often and as spirited as today, but holy crap! The nsx is an awesome car and the nsx community is a great group of enthusiasts! C u all on the road!

ditto!!!!!!!

Thanks to John and Scott and all responsible for organizing this event. This drive really gave me the opportunity to see how amazing my car handles. Wonderful outcome of great people from SoCal!

Well said by X Toy. I just got back into SD and I hope everyone gets home safely.

Thanks again to the organizers, the awesome sponsors and everyone that came out today (drivers & passengers). I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did and I can't wait for next year's drive (already). It was great to meet & see everyone and even to put some faces to Domain names. It definitely makes me proud to be apart of such a great community and to be a lucky owner of a NSX!

Sorry to those I wasn't able to say good-bye to before leaving. But I know I'll see you out on the road soon!

-Bryana :biggrin:

Well, i just got home. Car is wet and dirty, I'm tired, hands sore and face muscles ache from smiling..... doesn't get any better than this!!!

Thank you John, Scott, our lead car drivers and copilots, our last car (clean up), and the rest of the organizers that have put a ton of time and energy into making another successful event! Thank you sponsors for the generous gifts and prizes!

I don't usually get a chance to drive my NSX as often and as spirited as today, but Holy CRAP! The NSX is an awesome car and the NSX community is a great group of enthusiasts! C u all on the road!

Same here!!
Ilya and Si were great group leaders and ran us at a "brisk" pace (Spunky Cyn was wicked :tongue: )

John, Tina, Scott...Thank You and to all the co-organizers and sponsors esp. Science of Speed - I finally won something @ the raffle after 5 years!! :biggrin:

Mike

Last edited:
This day rocked! mucho gracias to John:wink:Tina and Scott for all the prep work and logistics. Much appreciated.

My group had a great drive and Peter is right, I don;t get to drive my car like this often either and our cars behaved so well. Peter, thx for letting me cking out your monster. I longed to hear a 3.8 and it really made my day even sweeter seeing it in person how is done.

Lasting memory to cherish being a NSX owner in SoCal. Thx to all.

Tim

The CalCoastal NSX Group Organizers would like to thank everyone that participated in the 10th Annual Canyon Drive. This includes the entire SoCal NSX community, their spouses, significant others and especially the sponsors.

Science of Speed
DEKA Improved Motoring
RaceTech Designs
Dent Works

First Coastal Drive and couldn't have asked for more. Met new friends and looking forward to seeing you all soon in other meets.

Hugo-

Thanks to John, Tina, Scott and all involved, this was an awesome event. Those were some of the best canyon roads I have been on. A special thanks to Tina for adding her wish to help me win the cold air intake system:smile:. My cheeks are hurting from the smile that is still on my face:biggrin:. Thanks also to Tino for donating the item. Looks like you and I will be the only ones that will have this installed on our cars. It was great to see everyone including meeting some new (to me) people. Look forward to next years event.

I would like to echo all the positive comments on here!

Here's a quick phone cam video I took of the ride around Lake Elizabeth. I was following Tino (Blk CTSC) and I believe that was Manny (Red CTSC). Better viewed in 480p. Pace was medium.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kZy93dP6ME?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kZy93dP6ME?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Another video, nice scenery. Pace was med-slow. (Don't have any vids of the faster sections from earlier in the day)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSAVgTznFqI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSAVgTznFqI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back