• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Seems about right time to start looking into the next season now :biggrin:

Last edited:
I sure hope Renault figure out they're engines. It was good to see them up top during FP1 and 2.

Also looking forward to see Stroll in the FI. Any Stroll Haters in here? hahaha

I sure hope Renault figure out they're engines. It was good to see them up top during FP1 and 2.

Also looking forward to see Stroll in the FI. Any Stroll Haters in here? hahaha

Don't hate him, but he probably wouldn't be in F1 without Dad's $$$. As far as Renault getting their act together, they probably will, just in time for the revamped engine rules in 2021. Renault, and Honda for that matter, can't make their engines last now. Another 3k rpm to make them sound better should do wonders for reliability!

Max is now on the record as saying “anyone in Lewis’s car could have won, it was not Lewis, it was the car”. This IMO automatically qualifies Max as a Not-a-true-champion even if he wins the title. Speaking of young aggressive guns, I hope Leclerc will give Max a run for his money in that department. Cant wait.

Last edited:
From what I remember reading, i think the discussion was about him, Lewis and Seb. Maybe he meant he or Seb could have won in Lewis’s car.

“anyone in Lewis’s car could have won, it was not Lewis, it was the car”.

What, like Bottas?

The car does make a difference. Look at Jenson Button in the Honda (looks like Alonzo in a Honda) and becomes world champion in the Braun, dominating the field. Of course, this year, the Mercs were not 100 hp above everybody, and Lewis earned his championship. If Lewis was in the Ferrari, and Vettel in the Merc, this year's result would still go to Merc. Not just the driver, but the whole team.

There was a theory that Ferrari lost momentum when Marchione passed away. They (as a collective team) lost their gravitas for a month or so. Could be some truth to it.

I agree that Bottas may not be up to the level of Lewis, despite being in the same car.

Yeah, People forget that this is a Team Sport....But the Drive like Lewis must have the ability to bring the WC home. The Ferrari did hav abetter car than Merc this year, however, just like last year they lost their way.

Lewis, on the other hand had some amazing races and qualy sessions this year....Singapore comes to mind. to take the WC.

Bram

Wouldn't it be great mix mix it right up, keep the individual teams but make the drivers take turns in all the teams. You would get a better drivers championship then!?

I disagree that Vettel would have won the DC in the Merc this year. He made silly mistakes, like Hockenheim, without the 'help' of the team. Hamilton didn't put a foot wrong this season.

Lewis has what few other drivers can do without over-driving....hammer time.....

_104440683_kubica_getty2.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/46300009

Excited about RC.

Robert offered so much potential ahead of his near fatal accident ... he has been quick when in the FP1 sessions this year compared to his team drivers ... but is this a case similar to Alonso where the talent simply cannot drag the car around no matter how much there is if the performance deficate of the machinery is so great ...

Lewis definitely earned this championship, and it was without doubt a team effort. Did the loss of their Marchione kill the momentum at Ferrari, possibly, but Seb has shown that he losses it under pressure, whereas Lewis kept his cool, played the long game and when it mattered most, delivered consistently.

I’m looking forward to seeing how Seb behaves when LeClerc to qualifies him next year ... and then goes on to beat him ... will team orders be called from the track rather than the pitwall?

Max is fast for sure, but still shows signs of immaturity ... as Lewis said in the post race interviews, he would not have put his car where Max did ... and Max only has himself to blame IMO, despite the action of the FIA officials.

Anyway, lets hope with the titles decided they all through caution to the wind, drive the wings of what’s left of the 2018 cars, blow a few up and give us Alonso, the Hulk and LeClerc on the podium Sunday afternoon ....

Nice eye opener from Leclerc this week. Still in A.Dhabi on Wednesday, he lapped .4 sec faster than Seb did the previous day on “similar tires”. More to come from the kid I am sure.

can someone explain how ocon was so dominate in the lower series coming into the big show and is not getting the attention leclerc is getting..

can someone explain how ocon was so dominate in the lower series coming into the big show and is not getting the attention leclerc is getting..

He wound up with the wrong team. I believe he is very talented, but happens to be a Merc driver and got stuck as the number 2 at Force India. Leclerc comes from the minors and has outperformed his more experienced team mate in the Ferrari junior team. It is a shame Ocon won't be driving next year; at least until the Snowman is benched.

Yup, I agree Ocon, just need a good car under him....

As for Leclerc, I think he will show up Vettle next in the F team. He was pretty fast in the last race in the Alfa.

Bram

Leclerc has been amazing in his rookie season, kept out of trouble and not caused any drama as well as placing a much lower classified car right behind the fastest three on many occasions. He is the one to watch for me next year. A clas act...although he wasn't as impressive in the wet...

I understand the problem for O’Connor as mentioned above is his Mercedes association ... no other team will take him on, let him continue to mature, learn their tech specs then go back to a Mercedes team ... his only option was Williams but that seat went to Robert ... he’ll earn his keep sitting in the MErcedes simulator for a year ...

Really thought LeClerc was going to be 3rd row last weekend ... Vettel had better raise his game for 2019!

Well gang...
Will Hamilton repeat?
Will The Prancing Horse have a come back?
And what about Red Bull?
So many questions?

H-

Red Bull will have a learing year with possibly some wins on certain tracks.

Ferrari should learn to not fall asleep during the summer off-season.

Back