• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Not taking part of anyone but it's no fun having been ruined a race in the 2nd corner in the first lap, regardless who it is.

The F-drivers are a little bit more prone for that, in some cases ruining their own race.

I'd not judge Max based on his whole F1 career, he's acts pretty mature since 2019.

I'm with goldNSX on Max. Max summed it up nicely too: Leclerc knows about loss of front end when following closely so unexpected understeer is not something to blame. On the different subject, he also acted pretty childish and irresponsible when questioning the need to pit and later disbursing CF bits into LH's face. Crazy.

Agree with comments about Max, FINALLY he seems to have matured this year! On the flip side, I think we can surely cut Leclerc a little bit of slack for his first few seasons? This is Max's 5th season...

Mexico is a couple of days away.
Despite his slump (at least for him), L. Hamilton will get closer to #6 . I think he'll wrap it up in Austin next weekend.
It has been a season of ebb and flow. Red Bull has been below par as of late, and somehow Ferrari above par.
Maybe Merc has been on cruise control just making sure they win both championships.
Almost time to start the 2020 thread!

yea you need mechanical grip in the stadium section.....

I was a race intervention marshal at turn 6. I was part of the crew that move Haas car off the track on Friday. That was a life time moment for me. Those cars are like no other. Turn 6 is less than 20 feet from the track and when they reach turn 7 they are going well over 125 MPH take a 45 turn like the turn was straight. This years race had the largest crown ever at COTA.

I was a race intervention marshal at turn 6. I was part of the crew that move Haas car off the track on Friday. That was a life time moment for me. Those cars are like no other. Turn 6 is less than 20 feet from the track and when they reach turn 7 they are going well over 125 MPH take a 45 turn like the turn was straight. This years race had the largest crown ever at COTA.

That is cool. I was planning on coming out for the race, but i was overcome by events.

I could see me retiring to Austin.....having cota 15 miles away would be convenient for track days...

A very entertaining race, maybe the best of this season so far and we've seen quite a lot of good ones.

As for the F-drivers it was an unnecessary hard fight between teammates with some misunderstanding and bad luck. I'd say it's 50:50. As Seb passed Leclerc by about 90% there's no reason for Leclerc not to lift the throttle as there was no reason for Seb to drift slowly to the left.

A very entertaining race, maybe the best of this season so far and we've seen quite a lot of good ones.

As for the F-drivers it was an unnecessary hard fight between teammates with some misunderstanding and bad luck. I'd say it's 50:50. As Seb passed Leclerc by about 90% there's no reason for Leclerc not to lift the throttle as there was no reason for Seb to drift slowly to the left.

Yep. Lec pushed Vet nearly to the grass and as you noted just kept pushing. Vet could have kept his line until he was fully clear of Lec.

exciting back half.....Go Honda! surely they will stay in F1 now....

Finally got caught up on this thread as well as the races.

It's been quite a season, especially this second half after the break.

Definitely not boring and pretty dynamic overall.

Go HONDA!

Almost an all Honda podium. And redemption for Gasly!

Bring it on Abu Dhabi and 2020.

Pole #88 for Lewis!
Amazing!
H-

Back