• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

I really wish this was still the last race of the season, it's always so good.

To clarify the team asked Max 3 times to give up the place after he couldn't pass Alonso and considering how tight the 2nd place race is he showed a little bit of his character not giving up 1 position to the guy who helped him win the championship last year. Even staunch Max fans thought it was a bad look.
Verstappen isn’t exactly a sharing guy. It would have been no skin off his back to give the position back.
The old adage of what goes around,
comes around may bite him in the future.

Max (& Carlos) would have had to slow down over 5 seconds each on the last lap - that would have looked stupid IMHO.
From what I understand, Max has repeatedly said that he wouldn’t do this kind of thing, after Perez spoilt his final Q3 run in Monaco which would have given him pole - instead Perez was fastest, and has been thought to have put his car (gently) in the wall to secure pole for himself…
I’m no Max fan, and to me Leclerc’s pleading with the team has weakened him in my opinion.
As Charles and Sergio are level on points, let the battle for second place in the Driver’s Championship be decided by their respective performances in the last of the season next weekend.

As Charles and Sergio are level on points, let the battle for second place in the Driver’s Championship be decided by their respective performances in the last of the season next weekend.
I get your point, but by that logic Perez shouldn't have given up any places last year, or defended so hard against Lewis to help secure the championship for Max. I guess this just shows that the RB team isn't as friendly as it once was, and if Perez refuses a team order (which is likely to come early next year) I can see him on the outs soon after.

Nobody has mentioned that Carlos would have risked letting Alonso past along with Charles. I can almost see the grin on Alonso's face if they tried that move, what with Ferrari making great strategic calls all season. Same with Perez, Ocon was within striking distance when they first started trying to get Max switch places. I am disappointed in Max, but not surprised.

To clarify the team asked Max 3 times to give up the place after he couldn't pass Alonso and considering how tight the 2nd place race is he showed a little bit of his character not giving up 1 position to the guy who helped him win the championship last year. Even staunch Max fans thought it was a bad look.

It wasn't a good look and it seems literally everyone doesn't see how MV wouldn't let Sergislow gain the position back. It seems like a trivial decision and immature act. But drivers in F1 have always had a difficult time begrudgingly giving up position or compiling with team orders. Remember Vettel and Weber, Schumacher and Barrichello, Alonso and Massa, Hamilton and Rossberg, Alonso and Piquet, to name a few. All had drama involving position and team orders.

Number 1 drivers are usually not the best at giving back. I do remember Schumacher giving at least one win to Barichello, much to the chagrin of the media.

The Sky folks seem to have short memories. I always appreciated Steve Matchett’s candid stories of the need for team orders.

Good year for RB both championships in pocket.Today second drivers place for Leclerc whell deserved and I'm happy for Ferrari.
Hope next year will be even closer battle from 3 temas.Wold like to see Fernando and AM fight for some podiums.

Back