• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2023 F1 Thread

OK guys and gals, let's get started... gonna be an interesting year!
I asked this question last year... and here it is again:
Will it be championship #8 for Lewis?????
H-

OK guys and gals, let's get started... gonna be an interesting year!
I asked this question last year... and here it is again:
Will it be championship #8 for Lewis?????
H-
Father Time has caught up to Hamilton. Even if his Merc is up to the RB, I don’t know if he has the endurance to out perform his team mate. He is faster than Russell from time to time, but I don’t believe he has the ability to win the championship in the 23-24 race season.

every new year brings some new changes that the teams are either on top of at the beginning or need to ramp up. I was laughing as maxipad was able to lift and coast and maintain his 8 sec lead...There is a point in the car development and the driver confidence that leads to multiple championships...we are in that phase now with RB

I’m just hoping that the racing is clean and close, that team orders don’t come into it, that team strategy is intelligent, and that there is decent competition all the way across the field, so that decent drivers such as Norris, Albon and others get to show just how good they can be.

Miner said
Father Time has caught up to Hamilton. Even if his Merc is up to the RB, I don’t know if he has the endurance to out perform his team mate. He is faster than Russell from time to time, but I don’t believe he has the ability to win the championship in the 23-24 race season.

Don't sell Hamilton short. I think he has at least one more championship in his pocket.
H-

I believe this last year was the most tech/aero reliant season, negating driver skill more than in the past...Merc got it wrong.

Harry, although the 2021 WC was stolen from Lewis....he'll get the 8th WC in 2023, then he should retire.

Racing is about spending monies, and Red Bull was caught over spending in 2021, therefore their 2022 WC and CC are also tainted in my mind.

Bram

Bram...
I agree with you... it's my hope that Hamilton with be the all-time F1 Champ before he retires.
H-

I'm also in the Abu Dhabi "steal" camp...

^ I’m not going to take that comment personally!!!

I don’t think that it was of Max’s doing, so I have to give him a bit of slack. Red Bull Racing on the other hand…

Hamo was faster than maxy on all the same tires that race except brand new ones...:oops:o_O

So is the FIA discouraging driver's free speech going to push some early retirements?
maybe Seb saw that coming?
Can you really muzzle Hamo during a race weekend?

Last edited:
Ford is jumping back into the F1 engine business. I wonder if a Cosworth badge will be rekindled!
Not until 2026, and even then the Milton Keynes team will be using a Red Bull Powertrains unit which is currently a Honda design… made in Japan by Honda!

Last edited:
can't wait to record the GP on multiple espn channels that somehow end up being delayed college BB games/cornhole/ax throwing/sword swallowing.....

So is HRC (Honda) doing engine development with Red Bull Sr. and Jr. teams or just there as a support for technology transfer?

Going be be a lot of manufacturers in F1 for 2026. It will be interesting to see if they finally let Andretti in the club. With GM backing how can they not?

Back