• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2023 F1 Thread

So is HRC (Honda) doing engine development with Red Bull Sr. and Jr. teams or just there as a support for technology transfer?

Going be be a lot of manufacturers in F1 for 2026. It will be interesting to see if they finally let Andretti in the club. With GM backing how can they not?
Because TOTO and many other Team Principles don't want to lose money. Ford has stated they will help RB with battery and software not an actual engine. We may never see Andretti in the Club.

I think Andretti will end up in the club. Bringing Cadillac brings even more American money to the sport.

Not to play the conspiracy game, but what happens if Cadillac sponsors (or powers) Haas, who then agrees to sell to Andretti?

What will the Cadillac power unit look like? Will they rebadge someone else’s engine or build it in-house?

I think Andretti will end up in the club. Bringing Cadillac brings even more American money to the sport.

Not to play the conspiracy game, but what happens if Cadillac sponsors (or powers) Haas, who then agrees to sell to Andretti?

What will the Cadillac power unit look like? Will they rebadge someone else’s engine or build it in-house?
Andretti will use Alpine PU's. They have already agreed, al least in principle.

A Cadillac badged Renault! I saw that press release a bit after I posted. An interesting pairing; and I wonder if Andretti / Cadillac will fine-tune the power unit?
It will be interesting over the next 2 seasons. I mentioned Haas as being a candidate for a buyout, but can also see the Williams team (ownership) being bought by Andretti too.
Time will tell.

Under Bernie the F1 fraternity has shunned anything US....but thankfully Liberty is changing that..

A Cadillac badged Renault! I saw that press release a bit after I posted. An interesting pairing; and I wonder if Andretti / Cadillac will fine-tune the power unit?
It will be interesting over the next 2 seasons. I mentioned Haas as being a candidate for a buyout, but can also see the Williams team (ownership) being bought by Andretti too.
Time will tell.
Cadillac has no F1 PU experience so they need someone to sell them a PU. Alpine needs another team to use their PU, so a match is there. Williams ownership is an investment firm that has some silent inventors, plus they are making money because of the cost cap. Gene Haas got into F1 to sell his his equipment and he must be satisfied so I don't see either selling, at least while the money is good. At the moment F1 is in real good shape.

All to be seen. I’m curious about how much Haas is committed. He wants sponsorship, and is selling his company as Haas Automation. The money gram deal is better than the “energy drink” deal, but what is his true risk Vs reward? Same with the current Williams venture. As long as the investment is positive, they are good but at some point outside sources may drive a sale.

I hope that the racing is genuinely close and varied, but fear that it could be the Max show all over again.
Ferarri won’t win either the WDC or constructors, but could be the best of the rest after Max. If Checo doesn’t perform, Danny Ric might get a drive a some point.
I don’t like Stroll senior at all, so don’t share the hope for an Aston Martin resurgence…. Alonso is an interesting character, but feel that his team-jumping will have the same result as Danny Ric’s exploits - maybe one podium this season, but not a title contender at all.
I would like to see Alex score a decent points haul this season - likewise Lewis, George and Lando.
My tip for a surprise strong showing this season is the Hulk / K Mag combination.
Annoyingly consistent points scoring could come from the French pairing at Alpine, if they don’t clash too much.
I don’t see Alpha Tauri achieving much this season, nor Alfa Romeo.

Rumors that RB isn't going to support Alpha Tauri unless they move back to the UK as it's too expensive of a 2nd team for RB platform testing. Maybe a sale to other interested parties if they don't move, and then maybe a 2nd RB team? Or a partnership with a lower tier team like Williams or Haas?

Shaping up to be a good midfield battle at least. And Merc says their 1st upgrade package will push them up to the top with RB and Ferrari. A three way battle for the top spot, and a solid midfield would make for a great season.

I think Aston Martin will be surprisingly strong this year! If Ferrari doesn’t “Ferrari” this year they will put up a good fight. I also think Mercedes is a bit off pace if they can bounce back by race 4/5 they have a chance as well. Redbull looks soooo strong right now.

Great start of season,RB are cars to beat as we expected.I was so happy for Fernando and AM team.He shoves again how good he is bad luck for Charles.Will be interesting to watch Ferrari,Mercedes and Aston fight.

FIA not being equal from one race to the next… Ocon penalised for not serving a 5 second penalty stop correctly, yet Alonso gets away with it…
Max flattered by a safety car call which was totally not required, as Stroll had correctly driven completely off the track behind a safety barrier and was not on the painted run-off circuit, therefore safety car not required

Lewis isn't have much fun this season (or last). His longtime trainer and support person has departed and his clothing/fashion line connection recently shutdown (no clear reason why). Russell is driving better than he is to top off a rough start of 2023. It seems there has been many engineering changes at MBF1 and Toto doesn't have Nicky or Ross to guide him. Lucky for MBF1 Ferrari is helping them a bit by being Ferrari. RB is just dominate at the moment.

Back