• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pursuit of Personalizing Perfection - Track Addict's build thread

You're nuts for going balls out with the Toda ITB. Good stuff man. Since you live in Japan now, will it just sit til you can get back to wrench on it? I'm going to have to give that alignment shop in Santa Ana a try! I like how their plates only touch the lug nuts... Very nifty!

Hahaha i wish there were more options for ITBs so I didn’t need to spend stupid amount on the Todas, but buy once cry once right?

Yeah, the car sits while I’m in Japan. I managed to do a lot of work this last trip, but there’s always more!

AHG is a cool place with a bunch of Honda-heads. The alignment plates are super sweet, I’ve never seen them before this!

Copying your build! Just got a Tarox BBK in yesterday, so that’ll hopefully solve a lot of my on track issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha i wish there were more options for ITBs so I didn’t need to spend stupid amount on the Todas, but buy once cry once right?

Yeah, the car sits while I’m in Japan. I managed to do a lot of work this last trip, but there’s always more!

AHG is a cool place with a bunch of Honda-heads. The alignment plates are super sweet, I’ve never seen them before this!

Copying your build! Just got a Tarox BBK in yesterday, so that’ll hopefully solve a lot of my on track issues

Good looking out on the recommendation!

Toda are definitely top of the ITB totem pole eh?

You were the one that first told me about tarox in like 2015, so things come full circle! What kit will you be going with?

Good looking out on the recommendation!

Toda are definitely top of the ITB totem pole eh?

You were the one that first told me about tarox in like 2015, so things come full circle! What kit will you be going with?

Heck yeah man, always gotta take care of the NSX fam.

Heck yeah Toda is the top tier, the quality of their parts, not just the ITBs, is extraordinary. I ended up with MOST of their catalog for the engine build.

I totally forgot I recommended Tarox for you! I’m going 328mm six pot front and rear kit.

Wanna be able to stop on a dime!

How do you like your kit so far?

Last edited:
What Toda internals did you go with?

Because I’m building a 3.6 litre I wasn’t able to use any of the bottom end parts, but I went with their high-lift valve springs.

I have super nifty cams going in, otherwise I would’ve used Toda there also.

a054a0a87c00df98b52df69730c3de1d.jpg

STOP!

Hammer time.

So excited when I got this message.

After installation I took the car to get aligned at a new shop near me in Santa Ana. AHG Motorsports, very cool guys with a passion for Honda’s and a very swanky alignment rack. Did a great job and didn’t cost a fortune.

24a4457ad2aa26566b0f97cc0dd70031.jpg

365afe4431deed83c6397412f4c0e06d.jpg

67d7023fd7d42d4d9cc4308ec701e279.jpg

cec9089c44d1923d3119cb4875eee14a.jpg

e6f2b99120b80dc18b9ec793b133e5e3.jpg

Did you go for some toe-in upfront or did you go with the std NSX toe-out?

Did you go for some toe-in upfront or did you go with the std NSX toe-out?

For a trip like this one where I’m driving there, around the track, and back I usually just align to 91 spec.

When I do alignments myself and trailer I really get tricky with my alignments.

Very happy to post again.

I have been working on figuring out how to get my car into Japan. Not a particularly difficult task, just time and money.

Happy to say I have new parts!

0551ff6bc9c9cfaf9894cb668e05f00e.jpg

6ce99c6082bab6a98b03970a5a0a0160.jpg

Possibly one of the last Type-S steering wheels, Honda discontinued these a short while ago and I panicked to find one brand new.

Another hard-to-find part for me to snag was a replacement 2nd gear for my 6 speed trans. Honda has had these on backorder for ages.
16a58e807776826e53edf82b8463c6b3.jpg

I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to wait to bring my car over until I’ve finished the motor…but I realized I am not that patient.

So I guess I’ll be making more serious plans to try and join the NSX club of Japan.

Is Hirofumi still the man?

He is nice man...:smile:

Been a LONG time.

I’ve been Stateside for about two years trying to finish my NSX and square up a bunch of other odds and ends. I haven’t had any time to breathe outside of work, but I am happy to say that there is a ton to update on my build.

I haven’t had working AC for ~5 years, the common evaporator leak was the cuplrit. I ordered a replacement from Marc at MITA and also ordered the HVAC rebuild kit from Joe Gutteri.

Good think my car being down for a while was in the plans because GOOD LORD this was an undertaking; dash out, HVAC disassembly, clean, regrease, and reassemble.

If you are planning on doing this, be VERY careful and expect it to take about 2-3x longer than you think the first time. Thankfully the foam replacement kit instructions are REALLY thorough. awesome stuff and a great price.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 23
something unexpected;

A good friend and customer had a blown head gasket on her 92 GPW. She came to me to have it fixed and after disassembly it was discovered that her bottom end had some porosity that would have required a LOT more work to correct than we were expecting.

As I am currently in the works of building my 3.6 motor I decided to part with my beloved 3.0 engine and swap into her car.

she is currently running around and happily there have been zero issues, but my car is DOWN until I can finish my engine…

in other news, I have set a deadline for my finishing the NSX for spring of 2024 Wherein it will be driven onto a boat and transported to the motherland.

There is SO MUCH work to do in the meantime. I’ll try to keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 21
Good to see you back on!

IMG_9250.jpeg
Throughout my never ending obsession with minimizing weight on my NSX I’ve gotten to the point of designing and manufacturing bolts out of TI-5 titanium.

At half the weight of steel, this is what I consider “free weight” meaning it doesn’t cost anything to lose weight here; drivability, noise, or comfort.

I designed and had these bolts made as close to the OEM Honda bolt as possible (Japanese Industrial Spec JIS) to

I have replaced well over 300 bolts from M16 down to M6.

…it’s only money, right??

Attachments

• IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9359.jpeg
    IMG_9359.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 23
I started with designing the toe links and camber eccentric bolts. These I have actually made lots of to offer to the NSX community.

Just replacing the four eccentric bolts (front and rear LCAs) alone saves a pound! (Was corrected in that anything that is held up by a subframe is NOT unsprung weight *womp womp*)

Attachments

• CC72954D-F428-4AF6-B201-E5BC252A41C6.jpeg
    CC72954D-F428-4AF6-B201-E5BC252A41C6.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 184109FF-9871-405C-BC46-E9C13C269539.jpeg
    184109FF-9871-405C-BC46-E9C13C269539.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back