• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Trapped Scrape Tragedy (I-lift the only option)?

Dips and Scrapes

I have a 2017, lower in front than my previous three NSX's. And my home town specializes in parking lot and intersection troughs that will tear the front end off the car. So, I installed the iLift devices on the front and thought it was problem-solved. Unfortunately, within less than a month, one of the lifts developed a leak. So, it is currently removed from the car and sent back to Science of Speed, at my cost, for repair. This seal, apparently, cannot be repaired with the tools normally kept in an Acura dealer's arsenal. And, to make matters much worse, the lifts do not compensate for the waning memory cells of the driver. To wit, I was parked recently in a gravel lot that, inexplicably, had these parking bumpers. I went into the nearby restaurant, had lunch, came back to the car, noted that I had clear sailing in front of me to pull out of the parking lot, and of course ran over the bumper, dinged up the front fender and some belly parts, and subsequently had to file an insurance claim for the repairs (about $6k) -- fender alone a $3k part.

So, the message is, beware of the lack of proper warranty coverage on the iLifts (no labor coverage, even though it costs about $1,500 for the complete installation, and a significant portion of that to remove and replace a unit for repair). And, come up with your own reminder system when you park near a parking bumper. It could save you some real pain sometime, if you get in the habit of setting your alert every time you're near one of those dastardly objects.

Back