• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of buying a 2020- tough decision

I am having a hard time deciding on whether to trade my 2014 SLS GT Roadster even up for a 2020 NSX. Have always loved the new NSX, had a 91 many years back. The new NC1 drives so nice that it seems almost too nice. Typically I have ways moved up when getting a new exotic, but in this case it is more of a lateral move which I attribute to my indecisiveness. I am very pro Japanese having an LFA and a 71 240Z in my garage so this is one aspect that attracts me to the NSX. BTW it has downpipes, exhaust, JB4 and titanium charge pipes so all the mods are done. STRUGGLING to make a decision. Opinions are welcome!

The SLS is also a special car. Too bad the coupe only has the gullwings. Cars are things meant to be enjoyed, If your time with the roadster has run its course then try the NC1 ....I don't think you will be disappointed with the performance envelope, but the theater of that bellowous V8 will be hard to replicate.

I had an allocation for an LFA and bailed after my first deposit (wife didn’t want such a loud car) and have an LC500 Convertible (which would not exist if there wasn’t an LFA in Toyota’s history book)

You car is not a garage queen, good for you for driving and enjoying it

I go by S2000toIS350 on ClubLexus, stopped posting as the moderator, Bitkahuna is a real shithead

I also have a 2017 NSX and its a lot of fun and completely easy to live with (over 6 years of ownership, since new)

Do you have another open top car?

I missed that aspect of my S2000 after I sold it

I go by S2000toIS350 on ClubLexus, stopped posting as the moderator, Bitkahuna is a real shithead
I know it's OT, but DaveGS4 was the moderator over there who ticked me off enough that I left the forum. And I used to really enjoy the conversations on ClubLexus, but something happened and the mods went on enormous power trips!

So little going on here that a little OT is better than no on topic.

I don't recall DaveGS being an issue (for me).

After a while Car Talk turned into spam talk between 2 folks, M Marshall and CT Jill, mostly blather.

I used to have fun in the LFA section, but since it is such a niche space, the content volume and news on the car faded. There was one guy who tried to keep the conversations going and he seems to have packed it in as well. At this point there are under 170 of the cars in the US and I imagine a lot of them are prisoners in private museum spaces.

Ot is my middle name....and If a mod on a random car forum has any thoughts of grandeur or gets tingly with mod power then a psychiatric eval is in order.

After a while Car Talk turned into spam talk between 2 folks, M Marshall and CT Jill, mostly blather.
ClubLexus was great 20 years ago. So many amazing modified GS's, LS's and SC's. After I sold my Lexus and didn't return to the brand, I would occasionally post on Car Chat. But I got tired of reading nonsense from MMarshall and CTJill as well, and subsequently left the forum.

I think you'll love the NSX and I know of many LFA/NSX owners. I'm a Japanese car fanatic and think the LFA is the ultimate prize for many of us. The NSX is special, I've owned and driven essentially everything but always came back to the NC1. I debated and went back and forth between a 720S, new 911 Turbo and a 458. The practicality and reliability essentially sealed the deal. P

Maybe a Type S is in your future?

Deal is done. I am the proud new owner of a yellow 2020!

Indy FTW..

Congrats!! The NC1 NSXs are very special cars.

yes they are. First drive home and very smooth linear power..ceramics need some pre heating but also work well. Tires grip nicely at 50 degrees..

Back