• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of going to Thailand ,,,Again

I feel the same way regarding to safety and health care. Especially now that there are dental products coming out of China and going into a person's mouth whithout them knowing. And I'm talking about crowns, not OTC products, which I've personally seen and thrown in the trash once I learned where they were made.

are they transmitters or receivers or both?:D

I just hope my friends son gets a proper education. My buddy is moving over there with his family in the next 2 years. He just has to sell off all his investments over here in the states.

A life long friend of mine, white guy, went to Thailand for a vacation. He is back here now selling off everything he owns so he can move over there for good. Heres the part that makes me scratch my head. The two of us have the same group of friends, Cambodian and Thailand, who moved to the USA for a better life years ago. If they grew up over there and think the USA is better what is it that my buddy who grew up in the USA sees over there?

I just don't see other countries as safe. I would be in a panic if I HAD TOO, not choose to, get dental work done. HIV test every month for a year before I would calm down.

Steve, maybe US is your comfort zone. I can tell you, just like in the States places in Thailand(or any asian countries) are very safe. Thais and Japanese are the two most respectful asian people that I've met . And with the cost of living over there. you'll probably living 2-4 times more luxurious. But life in some of the asian countries are no always rosy reason why they venture out.
And people do migrate a lot, each have their own preference. Just like why lots of British retiree settled in South of France, Australia or New Zealand. Everybody have their own idea of an ideal life :)

Last edited:
Steve, maybe US is your comfort zone. I can tell you, just like in the States places in Thailand(or any asian countries) are very safe. Thais and Japanese are the two most respectful asian people that I've met . And with the cost of living over there. you'll probably living 2-4 times more luxurious. But life in some of the asian countries are no always rosy reason why they venture out.
And people do migrate a lot, each have their own preference. Just like why lots of British retiree settled in South of France, Australia or New Zealand. Everybody have their own idea of an ideal life :)

Basically that is why my buddy is going over there. He doesn't want to work anymore and has figured out he can retire and live over there on 2 grand a month.

Check this out.... He is going to be renting a house. I have seen the pictures it's like a castle. It has a in ground pool in the center of the house. The house is square with the center open to the sky and walk around porches on both floors. He gets a car, a driver, a maid, a gardener, a cook and rent the house furnished for 1500 USD per month. :eek:

My friend is staying for 15 days and gets this for $15

Haircut
Massage
Blowjob
Beer

He's coming home with 15 haircuts :biggrin:

Nice price, but I'm a little PO'd. When I was there, they offered me everything on that list except for the Haircut, Massage and Beer. :tongue::tongue:

Basically that is why my buddy is going over there. He doesn't want to work anymore and has figured out he can retire and live over there on 2 grand a month.

Check this out.... He is going to be renting a house. I have seen the pictures it's like a castle. It has a in ground pool in the center of the house. The house is square with the center open to the sky and walk around porches on both floors. He gets a car, a driver, a maid, a gardener, a cook and rent the house furnished for 1500 USD per month. :eek:

Steve, please PM me the area. I am moving.:biggrin:

I was told by many locals that if I sold all my Aus assets and would have 34,000,000 Bht +- , I could live on any hilltop I liked in a McMansion and live like a king for the rest of my life , Maybe not long seeing the way I drink and smoke on holidays :biggrin: , Can't handle the heat and humidity tho ,I love my 4 distict seasons in Mountainous Australian Country side . Should have checked out Chang Mai , It's a seasonal place .
BTW I feel safer in Patong than I do In my own City in Australia , So long as you have plenty of Bht in your wallet for Cops if you get set up by idiot trouble makers , minimum 20k Bht I carry at all times . Dental work First rate (from my guy anyway) , I even had to go to the Hospital emergency ward for a throat infection . I had 2 doctors in 1 minute was out of there in 5 with medicine and a Thai laminated health care card . WTF is going on in my country and indead the US with it's heathcare system ???? How can a F#cked up joint like Thailand get that so right but be messed up in so many other ways :confused:

Makes me Think a bit !!!!

Last edited:
Back