• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of selling my 92, am I insane?

Mike, First off I am shocked:eek: to see this post!

Second.. My thoughts are this.. You are bored hence the reason your driving the zanardi more. That damn zanardi should be in a bubble for future sale. The 92 should be being driven. It has been built to perform in all aspects.

If the 92 is sold I will guarantee you one thing. Within 3 months your going to be regretting you did it. Modena, 430 or not... You will regret it.

But hey its your choice and I think you will be smart.

If there is a need for the modena or something of that caliber then buy one. YOUR AT A HUGE DEALERSHIP! Hop on OVE.com and pick one out, Have it delivered, Fullfill that need and never look back when you sell it in a month or two. Then hell grab something else i.e. Gallardo etc.. You dealership can handle the temporary holding costs I am sure.

If you decide to roll the 92 though pm me. :biggrin:

PS. NYC in mid october any good?

Wow, I am suprised you don't drive the 92 and save the Z for special occasions. I am glad I don't have the F-Car bug. Tough Call.

Call me insane Mike, but this is shocking to me since the first time I met you...I remember you saying these exact words "I'm never selling my NSX" :tongue:. Then again though I do understand how you feel....I'm guessing the Zanardi gives you more passion then your 92 supercharged?

Mike,

You prove the point that that many make on this Forum; it is not all about speed and power, since you prefer to drive the Zanardi. It is about feel and balance. This is so true. I keep waffling about getting a CTSC and fear I will lose the balance that is so pure and refined in these cars. I have spoken to some NSX owners who actually said that they miss the sound and feel of the car, once SC'd, though others talk of power and always wanting more. I have driven an SC car and loved it but I love the the NA2 as well, in a more Zen kind of way.

Perhaps you are maturing:eek:. Not a bad thing. Sell the '92, garage the Zanardi, and DD the Ferrari! Maybe one day the Zanardi could be worth more than a plain old Ferrari!

Good luck on your decision.:wink:

Tytus

Mike why not go rent one for the day and spend a day with one before deciding. In fact I will be attending a Gotham Dream Cars Run,BBQ and Bikini car wash this weekend why dont you come along and I will see if you can take one for a spin or go rent one for the day and see how she feels.

Hmm, seems like a few guys here have gotten the "F" car bug lately. Maybe this site has a virus.:tongue: I've had the "F" car bug for a long time. I just can't afford the cure.:frown:

That b/c after 58 years on the "making" the new Nsx-substitute is a Front engine monster that although will be super fast, it doesn't have the sexual appeal of a true exotic ... that's why i think we have seen so many F-word mentions lately .. i understand ... hell, last week i was parked next to a 360 and JESUS even that car been relatively "old" is hot (like the nsx with an extra) ... and you find on the low 100's ... it's not some guys from here fault .. it's Honda's fault ///
Oscar

If I were in your position, then I would be changing cars every 3,000 miles or newest model (whichever comes first).

If I were in your position, then I would be changing cars every 3,000 miles or newest model (whichever comes first).

Come on, gimme a little more credit than that. My last demo was a 645 conv. 6 speed with 23k and before that, an 06 Viper coupe with 6k:biggrin: Im waiting for a 4dr M3. Perks of the job:redface:

dont buy the ferrari.

its a waste of money. the F bug is over rated.

sell your 92 and get a exige. i got the hots for that car, you should too :tongue:

no point in having 2 nsx if you dont drive one

i had 2, they both sat around for a long time.

sold my black one and honestly never been happier.

i only have the red twin turbo right now and just picked up a black single turbo.

back to 2 again and i can see the red one not getting driven like it should so im putting that up for sale.

no point have cars laying around. im sure someone else will take great care of your 92 and will probably love it more then you right now.

the Z car stole your heart. lol :)

good luck tho. im sure you'll pick something awesome and exciting

Last edited:
I must have been sniffing glue, I could never sell this car. I had her out before and had a blast. Im sticking with my 2 NSX's and my demo and I am done with cars:biggrin:At least buying them personally:biggrin::redface:

I must have been sniffing glue, I could never sell this car. I had her out before and had a blast. Im sticking with my 2 NSX's and my demo and I am done with cars:biggrin:At least buying them personally:biggrin::redface:

Tease!:tongue:

I knew you would come around. :biggrin:

The next time I see you I'm kicking you in the nuts.

You are not crazy. Dump it. You don't need it for any purpose.

Come on, gimme a little more credit than that. My last demo was a 645 conv. 6 speed with 23k and before that, an 06 Viper coupe with 6k:biggrin: Im waiting for a 4dr M3. Perks of the job:redface:

Hi The Kid,
I'm a relatively inactive member on NSX prime and would love to give you some opinion. But first, it might help If I knew a little more background about you. It seems like everyone on this forum knows what you do for a living. Is there a post where I could read up on you? Or you can PM me and share some info, I'm interested to know what job you have that allows you all those perks!

--David

Hi The Kid,
I'm a relatively inactive member on NSX prime and would love to give you some opinion. But first, it might help If I knew a little more background about you. It seems like everyone on this forum knows what you do for a living. Is there a post where I could read up on you? Or you can PM me and share some info, I'm interested to know what job you have that allows you all those perks!

--David

If you click on anyone's user name you can check out the personal profile. Most of us list our professions and addictions. :biggrin:

If you click on anyone's user name you can check out the personal profile. Most of us list our professions and addictions. :biggrin:

Oh! Thanks.

Wow, "The Kid" is actually an Acura Sales Manager. It's almost weird calling you "The Kid" it makes me feel like I'm insulting you. But I guess that's what you prefer to be called.

We'll I've read that you've made up your mind on keeping the 92. So be it. You'll be happy with that choice!

--David

Oh! Thanks.

Wow, "The Kid" is actually an Acura Sales Manager. It's almost weird calling you "The Kid" it makes me feel like I'm insulting you. But I guess that's what you prefer to be called.

We'll I've read that you've made up your mind on keeping the 92. So be it. You'll be happy with that choice!

--David

I heard that he was just a lot tech at one of the dealerships. He drives the managers cars to gas them up and wash them, takes pics and claims they're his. Any truth to this? :biggrin:

The only problem you have is that the NSX is a unique car, built to your exacting specifications. If you sell it, and end up regretting it, theres almost no way back. Maybe it would be good to see if you can work out a temporary swap, or at least rent a 360 for a good week or so to see if it will become a keeper?

The only problem you have is that the NSX is a unique car, built to your exacting specifications. If you sell it, and end up regretting it, theres almost no way back. Maybe it would be good to see if you can work out a temporary swap, or at least rent a 360 for a good week or so to see if it will become a keeper?

Yeah i didn't realize all the work he had into that car. I would think that he would have better luck picking up another stock Zandari than getting another NSX back to the way he has that 92.
That being said i would still never own two of the same vehicle.:confused:

Oh! Thanks.

--David

Not so much of a "KID" anymore, turned 29 today:redface: And treated myself to an hour long commute in the Zanardi:biggrin:

Back