• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of selling my 92, am I insane?

I cant believe Im actually even writing this but Ive been tossing the idea of maybe selling my 92. Its sitting in a garage and every chance I get, I pick the Zanardi over the Superchaged car. It's paid off, has every possible mod/upgrade you can think off and Ive have receipts for over $50k not including the car. All documentation, 4 sets of Volk rims, 2 sets still in the boxes, and ever since I got the Zanardi....the 92 just doesnt do it for me anymore. The decision has nothing to do with money, just merely tossing around the idea. I like the idea of collecting cars but I recently sold my S2000 due to the fact I drove it 200 miles in 2 years so I parted with it. I have been red hot on possibly buying a Ferrari 360:biggrin: I dont know, any thoughts from my Prime family?

Last edited:
Yes, you may be insane.

OTOH, I recently made a similar decision of parting with one cherished thing that never got used over another thing that I always chose instead. It's difficult. You will always miss the '92, but how much is it ever really used?

Now, about that 360... Don't you think you'll find yourself in the same situation? It's a sort of Hobson's Choice (although not really).

Mike, in a word "yes". You've finally got the 92 just the way you want it, if you sell it, you'll regret it, if not today than down the road. If it's not about the $$$, it's about the "free time" that you have. You can only drive "toys" on nice days that you're not working. While I can certainly agree that if the Zanardi is floating your boat, and you're "lusting" after a 360 (great car, get a spider manual 6 speed, no girlie "flappy paddles"), than make your decision and go for it. Just know that you'll probably not drive the 360 anymore than you're driving the 92, and you'll be back to square 1. But hey, if you're going to be liquidating the "inventory", I might be interested in a set of wheels on "clearance"!!!:wink::biggrin::eek::cool::

Not a matter of money? Welcome to the world of car collectors.:biggrin:

I cant believe Im actually even writing this but Ive been tossing the idea of maybe selling my 92. Its sitting in a garage and every chance I get, I pick the Zanardi over the Superchaged car. It's paid off, has every possible mod/upgrade you can think off and Ive have receipts for over $50k not including the car. All documentation, 4 sets of Volk rims, 2 sets still in the boxes, and ever since I got the Zanardi....the 92 just doesnt do it for me anymore. The decision has nothing to do with money, just merely tossing around the idea. I like the idea of collecting cars but I recently sold my S2000due to the fact I drove it 200 miles in 2 years so I parted with it. I have been red hot on possibly buying a Ferrari 360:biggrin: I dont know, any thoughts from my Prime family?

You're not crazy. I often think of buying a 360, 430 or a Gallardo. I think your crazy if you buy one from Manheim though. A lot of ex high end rentals run through Manheim.

Yes. Get a 430. I know, the 360 is "prettier" My wife told me that if I sell the NSX, I can get the car of my choice: Ford GT, Gallardo, Audi R8, or Ferrari. I still own the NSX, don't know why but I do. Maybe for the same reason that one of the other NSX owners has owned 3 and just sold his Ferrari to maybe buy another.

I would take the CTSC off the 92' and put it on the Zanardi,then sell the 92. There is no sense in having two of the same car, you don't daily drive the car so you won't put any more miles on it then what you do now. Get something else, it sounds like you are over the car anyway.

Yes. Get a 430. I know, the 360 is "prettier" My wife told me that if I sell the NSX, I can get the car of my choice: Ford GT, Gallardo, Audi R8, or Ferrari. I still own the NSX, don't know why but I do. Maybe for the same reason that one of the other NSX owners has owned 3 and just sold his Ferrari to maybe buy another.

Whenever I ponder selling the NSX I often think of members who have sold several NSXs and keep coming back to them. That statement along with turbo power helps keep me in check.

I agree with you on the 430, it is a much better car in terms of reliability and performance (so I've heard). I still think the 360 looks better. The problem with me and the Gallardo is that there is less headroom than the NSX. I am 6'1" and my hair touches my headliner on occasion.

I know the feeling. It's not that special anymore when there is an abondance of anything. In this case, 2 is an abondance.

Sell it. Get the 430. You're in the biz. Take full advantage of good deals.

That's the reason I'm selling my 03 nsx for a used 360 (6 speed) or 08 viper. So I say go for it and don't look back.

why would you drive the Zanardi over your sc'ed 92??

If it is because the Zanardi had stock parts and OEM parts, I feel you, there's many many occasions I'm more comfortable driving my lowly miata than the nsx. Especially now my front lip is less than 3 inches off the ground.

Variety is the spice of life my friend. Go out and have some fun with something new.
You suffer from the same sickness as allot of us here do. You buy a car you always wanted, fix it up just the way you always dreamed about and then lose interest in it or can't stand to see your hard work deteriorate over time.
I am willing to bet that you will do it all over again with many other vehicles in your lifetime. Embrace it, it is who you are and if you can afford to live this way then more power to you. I know i doubt i'll ever change and so long as you stay committed to the important things in your life (ie family) then who cares about cars you had to let go for the experience of another?
I know the day that i am no longer willing to try new things is the day that i am ready to die.

Here' some candid advice: Dont sell the NSX for a Ferrari or Viper or a European exotic. They all look nice but are nothing but trouble.My personal experience: I have kept some of the finest cars ever made. At 16 my father imported me a Mercedes SL while I was still in high school in Islamabad, Pakistan. Then a Fiat X-19 and than a vintage Ferrari Dino, probably the only Ferrari in that country at that time. Than, I moved to USA and bought a Lotus Espirit in the 1990's, then graduated to a Ferrari 328GTS. Also kept a 91 Porsche 911 turbo. I now have a RT/10 and for the past 9 years an NSX. Believe me there is no substitute for the NSX. It is such a refined sports car that can be driven comfortably as a daily driver and as an exotic sports car. The maintanence on all european cars is absurd. I remember spending in excess of $8000 for replacing the clutch and few misc parts on my Ferrari. Porsches leak oil all over the place. My Viper is the most uncomfortable car. The top leaks in rain and it drives like a boat without a rudder in rain. I have thought of selling my NSX several times but every time I drive it, I change my mind. You will not find an exotic sports car with such a smooth ride, cold AC and beautiful look like the NSX.

Keep the NSX and enjoy its pure refinement and beauty.

I would take the CTSC off the 92' and put it on the Zanardi,then sell the 92.

Isn't the CTSC different for a 3.0L v. 3.2L? Or is it just different for the 'T' model with the Zanardi isn't?
BTW, I agree with the selling of it also.
I'm real close to putting my on the block also.:eek:

Mike, you are a car guy. You live cars.
Moving them is not the big deal to you like it is to others.

Sell th 92', get a 360 and enjoy it and the Zanardi.

Beside, you and I both know if they come up with a new NSX you'll be diving one of them too.:wink:

I cant believe Im actually even writing this but Ive been tossing the idea of maybe selling my 92. Its sitting in a garage and every chance I get, I pick the Zanardi over the Superchaged car. It's paid off, has every possible mod/upgrade you can think off and Ive have receipts for over $50k not including the car. All documentation, 4 sets of Volk rims, 2 sets still in the boxes, and ever since I got the Zanardi....the 92 just doesnt do it for me anymore. The decision has nothing to do with money, just merely tossing around the idea. I like the idea of collecting cars but I recently sold my S2000 due to the fact I drove it 200 miles in 2 years so I parted with it. I have been red hot on possibly buying a Ferrari 360:biggrin: I dont know, any thoughts from my Prime family?

Hey Mike! I am in the same boat, man. I am selling my 1991 NSX, 2002 S2000, and 1996 Integra GS-R because I just never choose to drive them. I love cars, but I am an idiot for letting them just sit, depreciate, and cost me storage charges. Go for the 360 Modena. I have driven one before and loved it! If I was in a position like yours, I would do it in a heartbeat.

don't even think about it mike...
the supercharged 92 is perfect...you will definitely regret selling it.
but i could understand how the other red mistress could take over.
it was too tempting to just let the z sit in storage wasn't it?

just stop driving the bmw daily and drive the 92 daily and bring the zanardi out for meets or drive the 92 every weekend and leave the zanardi for the meets

Hmm, seems like a few guys here have gotten the "F" car bug lately. Maybe this site has a virus.:tongue: I've had the "F" car bug for a long time. I just can't afford the cure.:frown:

Back