• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is part of the reason I bought a Legend:)

Just got rear ended tonight, only had my camera phone so please excuse the lack of quality. Anyways, check out how well my baby absorbed the impact!!!!!!! This is the very reason I chose the Legend. Big, and safe!! looks great to boot:)

760868241218821.jpg

760868241104645.jpg

760868239392901.jpg

76083.JPG

Last edited:
You were almost home too. I travel that stretch everyday as well. Good luck to you.

That Audi sure does need some help!

Geez, dude, it looks like your rear license plate is all messed up! :tongue:

Really though, that's pretty amazing.

schuey1010 said:
You were almost home too. I travel that stretch everyday as well. Good luck to you.

That Audi sure does need some help!

ahh..the old 405. I hate that freeway:) been doing the Santa Monica to Valencia commute daily for 5 years now. I am burnt. Where to you commute to and from?

Anyways, it was a bummer that the guy hit me near the end of my route. Its just going to be time consuming getting the car back together. At least I have pics, and to me it is blatently obvious whos fault it is haha!

Jack

Wow. My cashmere silver GS got rear ended when I was about 30 seconds from my house last year. Too bad mine had much more damage from a motorcycle. :p

(This is LegendGS, BTW) :D

CDX_NSX said:
Wow. My cashmere silver GS got rear ended when I was about 30 seconds from my house last year. Too bad mine had much more damage from a motorcycle. :p

(This is LegendGS, BTW) :D

hey how you doing!! did not know you are on this site as well :) you have an NSX??

Yeah this sucks. I hope the color match on the bumper cover will turn out. All the gaps on the trunk and rear doors are PERFECT thankfully. Just some spider cracks in the bumper cover paint.

Yup. I got my NSX back in December. I've posted pictures at A-L in the NSX section. :)

Color match should be fine. Mine had a lot more damage, and there isn't any apparent color difference after the repair. Of course, I sent the car to an expensive shop being that it was the other party's insurance that was paying. :D

When my 95 LS Coupe got rear ended the damage was similar but a little worse. The Camry hit my rear and an angle so it shifted the bumper a bit, but it wasn't bad at all. His front end looked just like the Audi's. They really are good cars.

supra2nv said:
ahh..the old 405. I hate that freeway:) been doing the Santa Monica to Valencia commute daily for 5 years now. I am burnt. Where to you commute to and from?

Jack

I come home that way every evening from LA. I commute from Santa Clarita to Los Angeles. I work off hours so I take the 5 to the 170 to 101 in the afternoon, but come home the 10 to the 405 to the 5.

The only time I see traffic like that at Rinaldi is when I am going to the valley on my days off. I don't know how people can sit in that traffic all the time.

Sorry about your Legend. I have a 92 LS, but it is not nearly as pretty as yours.

Are you sure you were rear ended? From the pics it looks like the Audi hit something and you just pulled off the road in front of him to help.
:smile:

Hey guys (this is Koji_H from LEGENDtuner)

I'm not for certain but it appears that the Audi may have dived down a bit w/ hard braking and slipped under the Legend's bumper thus resulting in most of the damage to the hood/grille and headlights and the resulting scrapes on the top of its bumper and minimal damage to the Legend. Am I right? Even so the photos are astonishing! Thank goodness for the camera phone... I carry a 35mm disposable camera in each of my cars to document things like this.

About the Legends being well engineered/strong cars I've known this for many years through the experiences of friends and family.

1) I had lent my sister my '89 Legend LS sedan a few years ago and she was broadsided by a large GM 2 door estimated to be traveling in excess of 40 mph. The Legend was totaled but my sister was able to walk away with minor scrapes and several large bruises. The photo below shows the car turned 180 degrees from its intended path due to the force of impact.
89-legend1.jpg

I have a few more photos of the passenger side of the car which show little to no deformity at all.

2) Over 10 years ago a close friend of mine was travelling with his family in a G1 Legend down the highway and was rear ended by a BUS. The car was totaled but the rear doors were still functional to allow the passengers to step out. They promptly replaced the car with a new G2 Legend and swear by its safety and build quality.

3) 12 Years ago another friend of mine was driving with 4 passengers in his 3 month old 1993 Legend LS sedan. He lost control in the wet while going around a bend and struck a small tree with the front right corner of the car. The car went airborne and flipped onto its roof. Only 1 person (the front passenger) suffered minor scrapes and the Acura CD changer continued to play after the accident until emergency crews arrived.

Here's a video clip of the G2 Legend undergoing frontal impact testing in California: Legend frontal crash test

Wow, this is amazing! The G2 Legend is also my daily driver.

I love the G2 Legend! I used to have a 93 black LS sedan. One of the best cars I have ever owned! Totally abused it and it kept running like a champ :biggrin: .

supra2nv said:
as an update, the insurance company today found the other party at fault (pretty obvious;)).

Just an update.

Wow! That only took 5 days! :rolleyes: We are so sleazy! haha

I drove up that same freeway in the same lane on Friday in my NSX and could not stop thinking about a damn Audi rear ending me going up the hill. Made it home OK.

schuey1010 said:
I drove up that same freeway in the same lane on Friday in my NSX and could not stop thinking about a damn Audi rear ending me going up the hill. Made it home OK.

well that particular Audi is out of commission so you dont have to worry ;)

Back