• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thought give it a try- 02 conversion

Quite a free day, so I installed the DF NSX-R battery undertray and front bumper undertray. Took awhile for the installer to install the front bumper undertray but its quite an easy install at the end, no misaligned mounting point.
I like it. Helps me keep the front bay clean :biggrin:

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Just ordered some more oem items to replace old ones.
Here's some more pics. I was bored this morning before heading to work :biggrin:

IMG_3468_1.jpg

'Ventilating':tongue:
IMG_3473.jpg

Rear
IMG_3457.jpg

Last edited:
Lately I got problems with stray cats:frown: They just love resting on my cars! Preventive measure, I bought Hrant's car cover and I closed up my garage.

Snug fit. Contacted Hrant a month or so ago, very pleasant and helpful. Very good quality car cover. I also bought floor mats made by his company.
This should protect the car from potential scratched.
632036f0.jpg

My thought was it will be enough but just to be sure I put doors on my garage. No fancy garage here :redface:
b6f6f391.jpg

Problem solved :biggrin:

Last edited:
did they have to take the engine out when they painted the car?

did they put it on a lift as well when they painted it?, I have never seen a paint job where they put the ar on a lift to paint it?

please respond....

did they have to take the engine out when they painted the car?

did they put it on a lift as well when they painted it?, I have never seen a paint job where they put the ar on a lift to paint it?

please respond....

No, they didn't take out the engine and no lift as well. All the parts were wrapped and paint sprayed around the the car parts.

My 1001 posts! :biggrin:
Some more stuffs came in. Queried FGK header from a friend/local vendor, but waited way too long, no responds yet! So I got myself the Topspeed header and Prospeed HFC- I like what I see. Also NRG Quick release from Erick:cool:.
So far all vendors I've dealt with on Prime are top notch!

Header and HFC... no idea when I'm going to install them maybe after Supercar(Yus) :biggrin:
d38e07b0.jpg

NRG from Erick. All I need is a steering wheel now (on order with local vendor- should've gotten them from Erick!)
428d2d99.jpg

A snapshot couple of hours ago
5a0997d4.jpg

Gorgeous car and great updates! Can't wait to see more progress!

Are you doing any of the rear diffusors/underbody trays offered by downforce in addition to the front one?

Man those are cool mods you are adding. Now no excuse not to come for the sportcars gathering. We plan to have it end of this month. It is organised by Mr. Carzine (his brother own the white R35 GTR). Venue might be OGDC (Oil Gas Discovery Centre).

Gorgeous car and great updates! Can't wait to see more progress!

Are you doing any of the rear diffusors/underbody trays offered by downforce in addition to the front one?

Thanks! Did thought of couple more things but not sure yet. But those red Bride seats does looks more appealing:redface:

1545233e.jpg

As for rear diffusor. I'm reasonably happy with what I got now. Did thought about the fuel tank cover...
01b778b1.jpg

do you have a high res version of this pic? I'd am compiling a bunch of high res shots of NSXs to have printed poster size and put up in my garage/office.

PMed :smile:

Man those are cool mods you are adding. Now no excuse not to come for the sportcars gathering. We plan to have it end of this month. It is organised by Mr. Carzine (his brother own the white R35 GTR). Venue might be OGDC (Oil Gas Discovery Centre).

Thanks Jin. You should see what Yus got for his exhaust system:cool:
So Mr.Carz having a gathering eh... well just text me when and confirmed the whereabout.

That is one cool lookin car u got there captain. I am sure it will look even more stunning in person.

Jin, any NSX / Honda meet in Dec? :smile:

Btw, Ismail, have you installed the HFC yet? How is it?

Items installed

Sent my car to a friend garage to install the TopSpeed header, Prospeed HFC and SOS baffled oil pan. The car was dynoed before and after.
I got the Prospeed stage 3 on a spare ECU as well thought I give it a try as I apparently got a Spoon ECU already on the car!:confused: After the dyno both ECUs were giving similar power, with Prospeed having a more consistence mid range. But the Spoon ECU seem to have better idle. I'm guess it's the difference in our fuel octane value which give the Prospeed's ECU less stable of an idle. The garage's tuner recommended the Spoon at the end purely based on the idle. Guess I got a spare chipped ECU then.

Headers were wrapped with SARD ceramic fiber shield.
DSC07144.jpg

TopSpeed Header installed together with SOS oil pan
DSC07170.jpg

DSC07171.jpg

Prospeed HFC installed
DSC07167_1.jpg

DSC07179.jpg

DSC0718010-42-53.jpg

The car was dynoed after and with the Spoon's, then with Prospeed.
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwL1NMrZJYA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwL1NMrZJYA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

What was noticeable was the exhaust note differs, more 'grunt'. I haven't driven the car as the car is still at the garage, picking it up today evening. As the owner of the garage said, sound similar his exhaust and he is likes the idea of the header. He got himself a Titanium GT One Ver 5.1 .

Anyway Yus are you back already?

Last edited:
3 NSXs

I left the car there throughout the weekend. At last finally met Jin1976 :biggrin: that's I guess after 4 years. He is the first NSX here to do the 02+ conversion and using mostly Honda OEM part and I believe some GT-ROM items as well. Sporting HKS exhaust. Best part he know where to get NSX part locally pretty quick... Thanks again Jin for the help :wink:
The other white NSX is the garage owner's.He is not on this forum. He did the NSX R-GT rear kit from Kawagen(think he got it through GT-ROM), he left out the RGT front. Titanium GT One Ver 5.1 - incredible sound. And lots other goodies in and around the car. He just completed his conversion quite recently. The man to approach for Japanese aftermarket parts.

DSC07222.jpg

DSC07223.jpg

DSC07238.jpg

DSC07232.jpg

Finally, got to see IsR's car in person. Just as I thought, it looks even more stunning in person!!! Congrats bro.... my cousin (and me, together with others present at the 'bertunang' ceremony) can't stop talking about your car. I should've brought my camera that day.

Anyway, thanks for the PS HFC. I think I'll install them over the weekend.

Finally, got to see IsR's car in person. Just as I thought, it looks even more stunning in person!!! Congrats bro.... my cousin (and me, together with others present at the 'bertunang' ceremony) can't stop talking about your car. I should've brought my camera that day.

Anyway, thanks for the PS HFC. I think I'll install them over the weekend.

Thanks Yus. Should install your whole exhaust system asap! :biggrin: Can't wait to hear it in person!
We'll wait till the NE monsoon passed then hope we can get together for a cuppa or two.

p.s. Welcome back!

Last edited:
Back