• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thought give it a try- 02 conversion

alost as good as Format 67's Video. very nice. Beautiful NSX too.

You will need a good mechanic and lots of cash! I am glad that you are not satisfied with an automatic NSX though. It's still nice but it just doesn't have the same appeal when it's auto, for me at least. Maybe I will just ignore that little clip and continue to admire the car... Love the wheels and headlights especially.

You will need a good mechanic and lots of cash! I am glad that you are not satisfied with an automatic NSX though. It's still nice but it just doesn't have the same appeal when it's auto, for me at least. Maybe I will just ignore that little clip and continue to admire the car... Love the wheels and headlights especially.

Thank you. I do think it deserve a manual shifter. I even try to import one before but to no avail. Don't get me wrong the auto is good, but I'm sure the manual be more... 'natural' to the car.

While at it, I took a video of the exhaust sound. Nothing you guys haven't heard before. Was too lazy to remove the plates, sorry.

Off topic, but WTF is with people blurring/removing/covering their license plates in pics? Trying to avoid an insurance check or something? I find it funny that my custom plate of 'nsxbldr' (for nsxbuilder of course) is known far and wide, as are many of the custom plates out there - but others want to hide theirs thinking it will bring them some sort of anonymity. Really? Have you ever driven in public? Been to a car show or event where they allow cameras? (um, that would be everywhere) Do you obscure your plates there? I didn't think so. I think locally if someone got your plate info and tracked you down is FAR more likely than someone in NJ seeing a plate from someone in CA...and so what if they do? No insurance? Again, WTF?

How much would this type of conversion cost? Around $50K?

Hi. Not that much in USD. I'm not keeping tab now but maybe approximately 30k USD...

Off topic, but WTF is with people blurring/removing/covering their license plates in pics? Trying to avoid an insurance check or something? I find it funny that my custom plate of 'nsxbldr' (for nsxbuilder of course) is known far and wide, as are many of the custom plates out there - but others want to hide theirs thinking it will bring them some sort of anonymity. Really? Have you ever driven in public? Been to a car show or event where they allow cameras? (um, that would be everywhere) Do you obscure your plates there? I didn't think so. I think locally if someone got your plate info and tracked you down is FAR more likely than someone in NJ seeing a plate from someone in CA...and so what if they do? No insurance? Again, WTF?

Ed,

Nice that you are 'known far and wide' :smile:

Look, it's my choice. And choice made not necessarily for the authorities or insurance.. if only our insurance here is that good :rolleyes:
So why are you upset again? You applying rules ... regulation from the States... and I am not from where you come from. You do assume alot... and I can tell you from where I come from it is wayyy different, similar but different. Application of laws are so much different between countries.
I know because... well I have been in the States on and off for the past 6 years mainly with company reasons. Can you say the same with yourself even travelling/coming to region where I reside?(About 10k miles away for your info)

I understand where you come from... IF I'm where you are, and you said WTF. I say ok.
But ... from where I am from. It's more of a choice, my answer ... why not?

Just clarifying . Hope that helps. :smile:

Last edited:
Amazing car! Love the color btw. Also i changed my turbo accord from auto to manual years ago and it costs me about $2000 parts and labor! Before any of you jump down my throat i know an NSX will cost way more just because its an NSX! I dont think it will be 50k tho.

While the on the thread. Here's adding some more pictures :smile:

A small gathering 2 weekends ago. Jin1976, owner of his NSX for 11 years already! The rest are recent owners. Too bad it didn't stop raining the whole day. Maybe next time opportunity for better pictures.

IMG_25932.jpg

Car 4 years after conversion. Took this before meeting rest of the guys.

IMG_2587.jpg

Waiting to install this. Soon I hope. Thanks Detlef!

IMG_2611.jpg

Amazing car! Love the color btw. Also i changed my turbo accord from auto to manual years ago and it costs me about $2000 parts and labor! Before any of you jump down my throat i know an NSX will cost way more just because its an NSX! I dont think it will be 50k tho.

Thanks! Yup. A manual conversion is on the card. $2000:eek: that is a good price! The issue for me is finding the right place to do the job properly as well!
Agreed. 50k is way too high. Last I made any calculation is probably over 25k. In terms of cost, shipping and car parts tax equates to cost for me as well unfortunately :frown:

Back