• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on an ebay nsx--too good to be true? JH4NA21603T000034

Last edited:
yeah something is hitting my funny bone, wasnt there one with pop-ups with 19K miles maybe he got it fixed not sure maybe mixing up cars

How do you know it's a "good deal" in an auction? What's the reserve price?

Well, objectively you can't. Can't see maintenance history/inspect car. You'd pretty much have to base it on what you see and questions to the seller. It's a chance like any auction. Only this one is much more expensive and shatters dreams worse than Legoland.

I was actually coming on to delete this thread if no one had responded yet, haha. I'm still looking at the black 95 and hoping things pan out with that seller. I wanted opinions on this car vs. the 95, but I think extensive records + equally clean car + original owner + great seller > newer car with fewer miles.

Not clear on the question as the reserve price is not disclosed in the auction. If you think this car will sell near the current bid (~35k) you are dreaming.
This particular car was for sale at a dealership last year with a list price of $65k. I suspect it will be priced in a similar ballpark this year.

Until you know the actual price though, you can't really determine if it is a "good deal" or not.

Ah, I see. I haven't even looked at it. I imagine though the reserve is set relatively high based on what you just posted. Either way, probably zooming way out of my price range and I feel awkward about the mechanical side with no real way to inspect. Also the lien (probably lease) is there and not cleared. I would think the reserve is the balance on the lease to own?

It's a good opportunity at this point. It appears to be a late model, very clean NSX with low miles. They don't come around all that often. Plus you have a way to contact the seller and learn as much as you can about the car. And it appears that he/she really wants to sell it, so all good so far. Now, what you pay for it is up to you and how badly you want to get your hands on something like this. I will say one thing about that - the price I paid for my nearly new 2002 NSX has, over the years, become almost insignificant as it relates to the pleasure I've had owning it. At the time I acquired it, I think another $500 would have caused me to pass. What a fool I would have been. In retrospect, I'd have paid another $2-3K to get the car I have, maybe more. Super low mileage, meticulously maintained NSXs do come up for sale on occasion, but not all that often.

It seems like the OP is not overly familiary with ebay or even pricing on NSXs. An '03 seems to be way out his price range and it would appear that the current bid might have mislead him into thinking a car that sold for 65k last year would go for the mid 30s now.

Keep looking. The right one will come along in your price range.

If you don't mind me asking what showed up on carfax? Also sad panda the 95 is sale pending....I wonder if it's to another NSX prime member?

And yes, I'm very naive at this point on NSX prices between years and relative conditions. I have the pricing guide on the wiki and what people here say, but I've read very different viewpoints. That's why I post my questions to the community for feedback. Seems the most constructive thing I can do to gain knowledge that I would otherwise need to waste time trying to learn or make mistakes to learn.

I'd rather learn from the wisdom of others before me. I'm not sure if a dig is being made into what I posted early, so I'm sorry if there wasn't, but it just seemed like some explanation for my naivety was warranted.

Last edited:
Mileage inconsistency 10/20/2006. Someone may hv fat fingers and appears to be an error during inspection. I would stay away from this example unless u can get carfax to remove dirty carfax. And 5 Previous owners -Yikes! This example most likely have defer maintenance. I say the right number on it somewhere in the $47,000 range max if car check out and w/zero paint work.

Mileage inconsistency 10/20/2006. Someone may hv fat fingers and appears to be an error during inspection. I would stay away from this example unless u can get carfax to remove dirty carfax. And 5 Previous owners -Yikes! This example most likely have defer maintenance. I say the right number on it somewhere in the $47,000 range max if car check out and w/zero paint work.

Thank you. Abandoning ship. Not just because of what you said but I think I'll pass since the bid is almost there now. Plus I can't arrange an inspection and diligently research before bidding ends.

47k would probably be a really good price. I suspect that it will take closer to $52k and higher before the buyer will take an interest. The market for 2002+ is still pretty high, especially for low mileage cars. Not everyone is as concerned about 5 previous owners or the mileage typo - the fact that carfax says it has no accidents is a powerful thing for a lot of buyers. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone paid over $60k for it.

Just my two cents on what I have seen.

Last edited:
Back