• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on Rustproofing?

Last summer I bought my 2004 Lexus IS 300 from a Florida dealership, shipped in to my home in Illinois, and managed to keep from driving it all last winter. It looks as if I'm going to be forced to drive it this winter and expose it to the road salt which destroys cars in the midwest. Does anyone have any experience with any shops that apply undercoatings, rustproof, (whatever you want to call it) cars to help prevent or at least slow the onset of rust? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

I've heard of folks who are good at rinsing the undercarriage after major snow events and have little corrosion.

I spray salt neutralizer on my winter cars, including the chassis, after major snow/salt deposition events during the winter here in Cleveland. It seems to work for me.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-r...z7BOtVg57NPzqKewOvRYmjwh5pKZcXKRoC0OUQAvD_BwE

Rustproofing is said to block drainage ports on cars, so best avoided.
This looks interesting! I haven't a 4-post lift, though. Do you just jack it up and spray the undercarriage/frame? Thanks for the suggestion.

Back