• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on swapping out and "saving" lightly used RE-010s on 1995

I have a very nice set of Bridgestone Potenza RE010 tires (the tires that were designed by Bridgestone for the '95?) on my '95 on OEM wheels...
Front: 215/45ZR16
Rear: 245/40ZR17
The tires have around 5000 very "light" miles on them with very little wear. The wear is very even and the tires measure 9/32" front, 7/32" rear (may not be exactly correct but way more than half left), so very little wear. Long story short(er) is I think these tires are no longer in production (Tirerack.com has 3 out of 4 left) and a fellow NSX owner suggested I remove them and store appropriately in case I ever want to make the car more of a time capsule/more valuable. While my completely stock 88,000 mile car is very nice both cosmetically and mechanically, I don't think it'll ever grace Amelia Island Concours or the like! Anybody have thoughts on the value or what I should do with these soon to be extinct tires? I just feel like I don't have to have them but somebody with a sub 10,000 mile car may be interested in obtaining them for a six figure car. The date codes on them are
LR: 11/15
LF: 4/17
RF: 3/16
RR: 12/15
and they have always been garage kept. Thanks.

Last edited:
interesting ?......how many time capsule collector 94-01 nsx have an owner/curator looking for another set of "display" tires...:confused: they are too old to drive on...

interesting ?......how many time capsule collector 94-01 nsx have an owner/curator looking for another set of "display" tires...:confused: they are too old to drive on...

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}</style>They are definitely not too old to drive on.

From Road and Track Apr 28, 2015 "In general, we see six years of service with no more than 10 years of total life since manufacture."

the rule of thumb is 10 years from manufacturing date which is why I asked what is that date stamped on the sidewall.

haha I'm blind....:redface:

Back