• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

throttle body increase

Hello to everyone who is obsessed with there exotic
smile.gif
. I was just wondering how I can increase my throttle body from 64mm to 67mm and if there is any performance increase.

I would also like to know if it is possible to do it my self or leave it to a professional.

Any advise would be appreciated.

I would advise against increasing the bore of the throttle body. I know this is a pretty standard performance mod on most cars and I was going to do it to my X, but when I researched it a bit, I decided against it. Several vendors (including Comptech) developed larger throttle bodies, but none of them saw real performance gains and all had problems at idle.

If you decide you really need to do it, have a professional do it. You will have to fit new butterfly valves that match exactly or it will be a nightmare at idle and low rpms.

My .02.

Mark at Dali Racing told me that he will be offering a bigger Throttle body soon that would be good for 10 or so horsepower.
I think. I am not completely sure.

Originally posted by Edo:
Mark at Dali Racing told me that he will be offering a bigger Throttle body soon that would be good for 10 or so horsepower.
I think. I am not completely sure.

Yes, we have a throttle body mod in the works, I got mine from the Honda racing development on the Le Mans program back in the early 90's. It makes ~ 6-7HP peak, and it does give you an interesting sounding idle [I liked it] - but Mark Basch fixed 80% of that somehow and it no sounds more like an OEM.

I am looking at doing it on an exhange basis, as soon as we have that set up I'll post to the list.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back