• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Through Dealer or Private Purchase?

I personally dont know which is the best method to buy a car like the NSX, through a dealer or a private party. If any of you guys bought the NSX through a private party, how do you do it? Through full price purchase or do you use financing through a financing company that allows you to buy through a private party? Do most private party people accept such a purchase method? Is it easy but through this way? Any tips on buying an NSX through a private party using financing through a financing company? PLEASE HELP ME!!

I'm in the same boat, and I've been doing a little research on eloan.com. They can do person-to-person loans quite easily, its just up to the person selling the car if they want to accept that payment option.

From what I know, money is money, and a check from a financing company should be as good as a personal check.

The things you need to look out for when buying a used NSX are outlined in the FAQ, under the Buy/sell area. Make sure and run down everything on that list when purchasing the car, and double check that certain things have been fixed if its an older model.

If I were you, I'd try and get one of the more knowledgeable NSX guys to check out the car with you, make sure everything is tip top.

If I were you, I'd try and get one of the more knowledgeable NSX guys to check out the car with you, make sure everything is tip top.

Good advice - especially when buying a car located at a distance. Have a knowledgeable local NSX owner check it out first to see if it's being fairly represented, before you arrange to travel or buy it. It could save you the price of a plane ticket (or worse!).

Lord knows I plan on inspecting the hell out of the NSX I eventually buy...the last thing you need to deal with is a faulty sports car you just bought, that can be a big financial headache.

Word of advice: try and buy it from someone who babies their car, and takes real good care of it. If they don't know what wax is, or haven't been waxing the car every 3-4 weeks MINIMUM, they don't love it. And you can't trust them that they've taken extra special care of your soon to be NSX.

If you can find one that is being sold by one of the folks here on the boards, or similar type individual, grab on with both hands and drive home with it.

Good NSX's are out there, and you don't have to get THE NEXT ONE YOU SEE, you can be patient - get the one that feels right.

If you've never driven an NSX, and you'd like to get a feel of what a proper NSX should feel like - its easy. Just call up an exotic rental car company, and rent out the NSX for half a day or so. These operations typically rent out nice cars for use by businesses and teenagers looking to score on prom night
smile.gif

Now that you've driven around nice and hard with that rental (you weren't a pussy with it were you?) you should be able to gauge if there are any problems to the NSX you're purchasing...

If you've never driven an NSX, and you'd like to get a feel of what a proper NSX should feel like - its easy. Just call up an exotic rental car company, and rent out the NSX for half a day or so. These operations typically rent out nice cars for use by businesses and teenagers looking to score on prom night
smile.gif

There are few places (maybe 2 or 3) in the entire country where you can rent an NSX.

I rented one in Las Vegas earlier this year. It was the most beat to **** NSX I have ever seen in my life. If I had to base my opinion of this car on that one, ...

There are few places (maybe 2 or 3) in the entire country where you can rent an NSX.

I rented one in Las Vegas earlier this year. It was the most beat to **** NSX I have ever seen in my life. If I had to base my opinion of this car on that one, ...

I just saw one for rent in Dallas this weekend. It was a 94 with aftermarket wheels. (ugly ones too). It looked pretty ragged on. It was only 50/hr, but a six hour minimum.

They also had a 360 and it looked sweet!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Back