• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time to help a person in need.....(Chicagoland)

I thought this is a very nice thing Bodywerks is doing.....I copied and paste from another forum....

for more info:
Larry
BODY WERKS
Custom paint and Auto Collision Center
8444 Niles Center Rd.
Skokie, IL 60077
(847) 675-BODY
(847) 675-2639
[email protected]
www.Body-Werks.com

First off, PLEASE no negative comments or rude postings in this topic.

Body Werks has hooked up with MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION to make a terminally Ill boy's dream come true.

Nate is a 17 year old from Evanston who is losing a battle to Lupus.

What is Lupus?

Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect various parts of the body, especially the skin, joints, blood, and kidneys. The body's immune system normally makes proteins called antibodies to protect the body against viruses, bacteria, and other foreign materials. These foreign materials are called antigens. In an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, the immune system loses its ability to tell the difference between foreign substances (antigens) and its own cells and tissues. The immune system then makes antibodies directed against "self." These antibodies, called "auto-antibodies," react with the "self" antigens to form immune complexes. The immune complexes build up in the tissues and can cause inflammation, injury to tissues, and pain.

For most people, lupus is a mild disease affecting only a few organs. For others, it may cause serious and even life-threatening problems. More than 16,000 Americans develop lupus each year. It is estimated that 500,000 to 1.5 million Americans have been diagnosed with lupus.

Since Nate's condition is terminal, meaning he will pass away from this disease, Make-A-Wish is granting him his dream wish.

Nate's wish is to have his car rebuilt in a "pimp my ride" fashion.

MTV was originally contacted but unfortunately Pimp My Ride is in California and they wouldn't do his car.

Nate owns a 95 Honda Civic 4 door that is in terrible shape. It has 150,000 miles and really needs reconditioning.

Make A Wish foundation came to us in hopes of building this car, but unfortuantely their wish budget doesn't go far. I have personally donated my own money to do most of the build, as I know first hand what it feels like to lose someone to a disease. I lost my father to cancer 1 month before my 21st birthday, and I lost my best friend at 12 to a brain tumor. Nates family does not have the money to hekp out on this project, as all of their savings have gone to treat his illness.

I now come to the import community. I am asking shops, companies, PEOPLE for their help. Sometimes we need to give back and do things that make others feel good.

Some people have allready jumped on board.
I have donated all of the body work needed on his vehicle, and it needs it. Car needs fenders, hood, quarters, as their is a lot of rust on it.

I have also purchased him a body kit, exhaust, springs, intake, projector headlights, custom tail lights, carbon fiber hood, and M3 mirrors.

Xtreme graphics is donating the graphics

Ahad and Autometer donated a couple of gauges

So come on everyone, I am asking for help here. We need anything we can get our hands on, even money donations to buy more parts. I still need to get him wheels, interior and stereo work. Also need to do some mechanical work. We have started a collection fund for this project. Like I said, we will take anything to make his dream come true. Whatever you can do would be sincerely appriciated.

The car is allready here, and we are working on it. We have a month to complete the project, as Nate is in the hospital getting treatments.

Please call me personally or email me if you can lend a hand, or help this project in any way.

Also when the car is finished, we will be revealing the car back to Nate in a Pimp-My-Ride fashion. Their will be TV coverage as well as local media. The local police and fire station will be on hand. We are basically making it an awareness day. It will be a great fundraising event, with all proceeds going to Make A Wish.

Please only leave comments if they are positive, and come on lets make this kids dream come true

Thanks for the support:

First off everyone is invited to the reveal. We are in the process of securing a lot in Skokie where we can host event. The local community is helping. We will have all aspects of the industry there. There will be food, entertainment, product demos, race cars and drivers for pictures, it shopuld be a cool event.

As for donations.

Money is always good, any money donated will go to buy more items for the car.

Here is a list of what we still need:

17" wheels and tires, most likely black centers since we are painting the car black.

Brake rotors

Plugs, wires, and other engine dress up items

aftermarket steering wheel

interior dress up items ie: floor mats, shift knob, pedals, etc.

seats, carpets

head unit, speakers, cd changer, x-box or playstation, 2 monitors, subwoofer and a custom enclosure.

Anything else you can think off.

I really do thank all of you for the help and support

Sent Larry an e-mail! I hope that I can help and that he responds! Thanks for the post.

Back