• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing Belt just changed

changed belt last week ,97 nsx 107000 miles ,13 yrs22k miles , since last changed (5/08 85000). the original belt looked like new this one was even better .After i let it warm i checked the engine vacuum === 21 inches steady gauge , same as is was in 08 . My son is an engineer that has test equipment in his lab to test these belts . just for shits and giggles i will buy a new belt , stress all all three of them to failure , waste of money ,yea , but it will be interesting !

Ralph, I pulled from NSX engine with 93K miles Gates belt. I don't know how many miles on it, but it would be interesting to see the difference between OEM and Gates. If you want I could drop it in your house. Jerry

Ralph, I pulled from NSX engine with 93K miles Gates belt. I don't know how many miles on it, but it would be interesting to see the difference between OEM and Gates. If you want I could drop it in your house. Jerry

No dont waste your time ,my son just got a big promotion at his company . He is now in charge of all Engineering in U.S and Europe for the products they develop, the timing belt test is on the back burner . His company has been trying to push him up the corporate ladder for a few years. .Me and my wife are very proud of him but right now testing timing belts are not on his agenda ,LOL

No dont waste your time ,my son just got a big promotion at his company . He is now in charge of all Engineering in U.S and Europe for the products they develop, the timing belt test is on the back burner . His company has been trying to push him up the corporate ladder for a few years. .Me and my wife are very proud of him but right now testing timing belts are not on his agenda ,LOL

C’mon man!

Back