• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing Belt on a 2003 NSX in NY

Hey everyone

I have a 2003 NSX and it has about 32k on it .. trying to find a reputable mechanic who is NSX proficient to do the work . Any suggestions on where to go ? I live in Long Island NY . Thank you !!

You have the best Nsx mechanic in the country along with the best paint shop in your state. Larry B has been servicing nsx’s on major services since I’ve probably been alive. Also Joe at Vince’s autobody is the best in ge country for and repair and paint. I always misspell Joes city his ship is in and Larry I forget the town but others will chime in also.

If you were closer to Maryland Ben at daisy Auto is my other go to guy up there.

You have the best Nsx mechanic in the country along with the best paint shop in your state. Larry B has been servicing nsx’s on major services since I’ve probably been alive. Also Joe at Vince’s autobody is the best in ge country for and repair and paint. I always misspell Joes city his ship is in and Larry I forget the town but others will chime in also.

If you were closer to Maryland Ben at daisy Auto is my other go to guy up there.

Thanks for the suggestions . I contacted Larry B a few months ago and he said he wasnt working on cars for a while because of a personal issue :frown: ...

Paul any lucky finding someone on Long Island or close to do the work yet? I'm trying to find someone in the same location that can do a reputable PPI on a '91 I'm interested in and I haven't had any luck yet.

Nothing yet unfortunately . Looks like I might have to trust my expensive Local Acura dealer :culpability: .If you come across someone please keep me posted . Thanks !

So far I've only been able to get a lead on a man named Mo (maybe Moe) that works out of PetrolWerks. And supposedly Acura of Bay Shore has an NSX certified mechanic on staff

Oh man. I hope everything’s ok with him.

Ben at daisy in MD may be the only other option. Also very very good.

Ben did my time belt and refresh. When I visited his shop he had 4 nsx and 3 engines out so he knows every part of the car in and out.
My car drives strong like new even with 100k miles.

Paul, your car is 15 years old, it may need for than a timing belt. With 32k miles consider it an investment.
He can arrange his shipper or you can ship to him like many people do.

If you're willing to travel to NJ, GT Japanese Automotive in Woodbridge is my go-to for anything NSX related. He did my timing belt earlier this year for a reasonable rate, and allowed me to source my own parts. That shop would be closer to you than Larry B.

my brother and I have used josephs ask for steven he is owner and you can use the tesser name as referral in seaford long island, it is not a specialty shop how ever he has been servicing all our cars for over 20 years, daily drivers to Ferrari, Porsche, nsx, m3 etc..he utilizes one mechanic for these cars who is like a surgeon and meticulous... they have done both of ouor cars twice since ownership, not on mileage just time, I think mine had 700 miles on it when changed....they are trustworthy honest and less expensive but utilize all oem parts and gave us the old ones which looked brand new...I get nothing out of it just passing on good name and has never steered us wrong. don't think I should leave the number on the forum but you can google it or send me a message ...either way good luck

Back