• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing belt replacement on Long Island?

Thinking it might be time to swap out my timing belt ('05 w/ 17K miles). Any mechanic on LI that might be good for this? I was thinking of going to Island Acura in Wantagh, they did my battery replacement last year, nice and easy, but that was a much easier job...

Why not take the little drive to see Larry B?

I would only trust an NSX timing belt job to an Acura dealer if I knew that they did a lot of NSX service work. Most dealers don't. (For example, I would only trust a timing belt replacement on my NSX to one or two of the ten Acura dealers in the Chicago area.)

Larry B is one of the best NSX mechanics in the country. He's in Warwick (Orange County) NY, 78 miles from Wantagh and 45 miles (about an hour) from the GW Bridge. You can reach him at [email protected]

ok, I emailed Larry B to see what the deal is.. I certainly don't mind an hour drive... in fact, I can't wait.

I just got mine back a few weeks ago from Larry B. <o:p></o:p>
He did all the 50k service to it and I have to say it’s NEVER RUN BETTER …..<o:p></o:p>
The trip took me almost 3 hours each way but I have to say IT WAS WELL WORTH IT.<o:p></o:p>
Don’t settle for anything less.<o:p></o:p>
Get it done right so you can enjoy the car worries free <o:p></o:p>

i live in the south shore of long island and have used josephs service station in seaford....been using them for all my car needs for over 30 yrs...i would ask for steven you can email i will give you my info and can refer to me when you call...they did both mine and my brothers when we first got our cars...he uses a special mechanic who is old school and meticulous like surgeon when he works...the shop itself is normal in appaerance...but he is honest and relaible and price point is right on...they are on merrick road in seaford....they have done all the owrk onour nsx's and s2000 ....they did my ignition coils last two summers ago diagnosed by him driving less than 20 feet...

not larry b but i have no [email protected] is my email if you want to contact me

Finally got her up to 17k :) good to see you on.

Mine will go to Larry B soon enough for a TB

A very wise choice. I remember when I dropped my 1992 off. In 10 minutes he showed me what should have been done when a dealer did my clutch a month or so before. Would have saved me thousands...

You guys are welcome to visit Smithtown Acura. I know the service department first hand and they will take care of you and your car.

No offense Jeffrey, but here you're endorsing a dealership that you do work for, have been on the forum for 10 minutes, and two posts, and probably don't know who Larry Bastanza is. If someone is looking to have work done on their NSX, they'd be better served taking the car to an experienced NSX mechanic, there are only a few who are really tops. I think this is the first time I've heard Smithtown Acura endorsed for a timing belt change. Do you know how many NSX timing belts they've changed in the last 2 years? I don't, but I'd be surprised if it's more than two. Please continue to participate here, it's a great forum, devoted to a great car. Learn, and make sure that when you make a recommendation, you can back it up.

No offense Jeffrey, but here you're endorsing a dealership that you do work for, have been on the forum for 10 minutes, and two posts, and probably don't know who Larry Bastanza is. If someone is looking to have work done on their NSX, they'd be better served taking the car to an experienced NSX mechanic, there are only a few who are really tops. I think this is the first time I've heard Smithtown Acura endorsed for a timing belt change. Do you know how many NSX timing belts they've changed in the last 2 years? I don't, but I'd be surprised if it's more than two. Please continue to participate here, it's a great forum, devoted to a great car. Learn, and make sure that when you make a recommendation, you can back it up.

/\ this x2

the reason why I love nsxprime; Experienced, fair and unbiased gentlemen

No offense taken. I thought I'd offer the option if people wanted the dealership route. I know smithtown does get pretty good feedback from the locals. I used to have a tsx. They have taken care of mine at 214,000 miles 2005.

I have heard of larry, but I'm not an owner of an NSX. I wanted to just invite some of you locals out to the meet this Sunday. Micheal with the Orange NSX told me I should pop my head into the forums.

I did ask service, they probably done two in the past 2 years. They don't normally supply the parts but they can be ordered. He said it would just take a day.

I'm not a fan of going to the dealership, even when I had my tsx, but I figure I provide the alternative option.

Last edited:
Back