• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Key Cleaning

This may sound a bit OCD, but Im looking for a cleaner to clean up my Titanium key. Simple Green does not do much, and Brasso works better, but how do you get in the grooves to clean it up? Toothbrush? Ultra sonic cleaner?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Fwiw the 'Titanium" key is actually Monel....

This may sound a bit OCD, but Im looking for a cleaner to clean up my Titanium key. Simple Green does not do much, and Brasso works better, but how do you get in the grooves to clean it up? Toothbrush? Ultra sonic cleaner?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

I use a small wire wheel on a dremel to clean up the key teeth then blast the top part with super fine glass beads to restore the original satin finish, then add red nail polish for the lettering.

This. You really need to blast it to restore the original matte texture. Over time, the oil from your fingers works like an abrasive polish with the dirt on the key and polishes the metal to a shiny finish. I have one of John's keys and it looks so nice, I'll probably just use it as a display.

Thanks for the help. My wife suggested I put it in vinegar. Thats how she cleans her jewelry. Let you know in a couple of days.

Back