• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Took a 1300 mile trip in our Noveulle Blue NSX and got to intimately get to know her!

Wanted to give an update since it's been a while.

The car up to this point has been FLAWLESS in terms of reliability. Not a single problem with anything except the minor wind noise. The car was scheduled for a recall update to get the gas tanks, thermostat and brake light updated. All of this was done mostly as a preventative measure and so the car was dropped off at a trusted local dealer (Hopkins Acura). Their shop foreman Robert and Mark are absolutely amazing. They are the type of guys Acura really need to commend as they make the entire process both educational and fun at the same time.

In a day and age where recalls are frowned upon, we don't see it this way at all. Rarely does an opportunity come up to get items updated and at the same time give a rare glimpse into the car's engineering marvel when it's all taken apart. Few of us will ever take apart a car to the level this car requires during a recall and this is fascinating to see everything open and naked.

While the car is with Acura we are also taking care of the door seals for the wind noise and doing a fresh oil change since there is no real labor when the car is all taken apart for surgery.

With the help of Science of Speed, we decided to upgrade to the SOS Downpipes which eliminates one set of cats so you gain 80% improved sound with the downpipes alone. Add the Sport Valveless exhaust with carbon fiber tips for the remaining 20% sound. Overall weight savings is over 50 lbs easily and you gain roughly 20-30hp, what's not to like about that! Now the car sounds like a proper exotic and has the crackles and pops as expected for a car of this caliber. Granted it will not sound like our Huracan with the V10, this sound is more similar to the McLaren 600LT we recently drove. You hear a lot more waste gate noise and turbo spool up as well as the exhaust note. We will be planning to create a video to document the Before / After sound later when time allows.

We are also taking this opportunity to add our custom Carbon Fiber steering wheel and extended Carbon Fiber upgrade shift paddles. The paddles were designed to give a bit more heft and also sound when you click through the gears, stay tuned for better pics!

here's some pics to document the upgrades and installation, questions feel free to ask here!

Carbon upgraded OEM paddles:

Goodies ready to be installed, visible are the EuroBoutique CF nose beak and matching front carbon lip:

Downpipes are a work of art, also our carbon rock guards are within view in back to keep rock chips at bay:

SOS Exhaust is 1/3 weight of the stock setup and has beautiful dry carbon tips:

Surgery has begun:

Dual gas tanks:

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I had the pleasure of seeing your car in person at NSXPO. I’m sure it’ll sound awesome with the SOS downpipes and exhaust.

Wanted to give an update since it's been a while.The car up to this point has been FLAWLESS in terms of reliability. Not a single problem with anything except the minor wind noise. The car was scheduled for a recall update to get the gas tanks, thermostat and brake light updated. All of this was done mostly as a preventative measure and so the car was dropped off at a trusted local dealer (Hopkins Acura). Their shop foreman Robert and Mark are absolutely amazing. They are the type of guys Acura really need to commend as they make the entire process both educational and fun at the same time.In a day and age where recalls are frowned upon, we don't see it this way at all. Rarely does an opportunity come up to get items updated and at the same time give a rare glimpse into the car's engineering marvel when it's all taken apart. Few of us will ever take apart a car to the level this car requires during a recall and this is fascinating to see everything open and naked.While the car is with Acura we are also taking care of the door seals for the wind noise and doing a fresh oil change since there is no real labor when the car is all taken apart for surgery.With the help of Science of Speed, we decided to upgrade to the SOS Downpipes which eliminates one set of cats so you gain 80% improved sound with the downpipes alone. Add the Sport Valveless exhaust with carbon fiber tips for the remaining 20% sound. Overall weight savings is over 50 lbs easily and you gain roughly 20-30hp, what's not to like about that! Now the car sounds like a proper exotic and has the crackles and pops as expected for a car of this caliber. Granted it will not sound like our Huracan with the V10, this sound is more similar to the McLaren 600LT we recently drove. You hear a lot more waste gate noise and turbo spool up as well as the exhaust note. We will be planning to create a video to document the Before / After sound later when time allows.We are also taking this opportunity to add our custom Carbon Fiber steering wheel and extended Carbon Fiber upgrade shift paddles. The paddles were designed to give a bit more heft and also sound when you click through the gears, stay tuned for better pics!here's some pics to document the upgrades and installation, questions feel free to ask here!Goodies ready to be installed, visible are the EuroBoutique CF nose beak and matching front carbon lip:SOS Exhaust is 1/3 weight of the stock setup and has beautiful dry carbon tips:Surgery has begun:Dual gas tanks:
So, the Acura dealer is doing the after market exhaust for you? while your car is doing the recall? They need to take the rear bumper etc etc off anyway, which makes sense, but curious if they will touch after market ...Thx

My gas tanks were replaced without the rear bumper coming off....... Or so I was told.

I wish I never took my car in for the tank recall. The tech at Napleton’s Acura effed up my car so bad that it can’t be driven over 80mph without pulling to the right and destroying the rear tires.

My gas tanks were replaced without the rear bumper coming off....... Or so I was told.

The entire rear bumper doesn’t have to come off, but at the very least the rear diffuser does have to come off. This needs to be done in order to replace the differential fluid that is lost during the process. Some technicians prefer pulling the entire rear bumper as an assembly while some opt to just go for the the lower half.

If they didn’t take anything off at all, you might want to ask how they put the fluid back.

My tech was a long time Acura tech, and after speaking with him, I was confident that he was competent, capable, and took pride in his craft. He figured out that Acura had shorted us a seal and an oring. I don't feel the need to go back and ask if he did the job right. Docl, sorry to hear of your frustrations...... knock on wood, and aside from the gas tank recall and some creaking in the dash, my car has been great. Sounds like you may have a lemon law case..... If I were you, I'd bitch to Acura everyday until they replaced my car....... or at least gave some restitution...... It would be sad if Acura did nothing for you. Best of luck......

DocL, just give yourself a shot of Novocaine, and it won''t hurt any more!!!

I wish I never took my car in for the tank recall. The tech at Napleton’s Acura effed up my car so bad that it can’t be driven over 80mph without pulling to the right and destroying the rear tires.

No one would blame you for lemoning the car at this point. Sounds like you have a solid case and I really doubt you will get much push back from Honda/Acura. What sucks is this has nothing to do with the car and everything to do with the dealer tech that worked on it (On the surface anyway). You have every right to be pissed. The car actually sounds dangerous to drive as I never drive the car under 80mph.

The question is, would you be open to a new NSX with all the recall work completed? Or do you just want to find something new?

I LOVE those shift paddles! I always thought they should be a part of the interior carbon fiber pack.

Yes they are quite nice addition and completes the interior. Once we have all the silver trim replaced with carbon fiber, it will really spice up the interior a bit.

As for the recall service, keep in mind all of this work is done at a local dealership. It's a good idea to do your due diligence and find a dealership that has some experience with the work. We are lucky here in the bay area we have Rob who is a huge asset to the community.

It's unfortunate the issues that have popped up with others, especially considering Chicago is a big city and should be plenty of competent shops. Continental back in the day was a well respected name when we lived out there. Sorry to hear the troubles hope you get it worked out with Acura corporate!

As for our blue beast, we dropped it off last Saturday and we've had solid communication throughout the whole process with updates every day or so along with photos. We have been saving all the photos and will post more as we get them. Our car is actually ready for pickup today but we plan to grab it tomorrow morning and will report back. Our plans is to do an AFTER video of the car's sound since we already did a video from prior to any modifications.

I was told if I dumped all of these screws into a bucket he would still know which one goes where!

Intimate look at the SOS Exhaust tips:

See the big fat orange cable dangling? This is what plugs into the rear differential electric motor:

If I had a brand new car and had to watch people pull it apart like this, I’d completely loose faith in that brand. Yikes!

If I had a brand new car and had to watch people pull it apart like this, I’d completely loose faith in that brand. Yikes!

Ripping into it is the easy part! Any fool with a wrench can get it apart. It is getting it back together that requires and immense amount of knowledge and skill.

I personally have even more respect in our technician after watching the level of care that goes into a repair of this scale.

Ripping into it is the easy part! Any fool with a wrench can get it apart. It is getting it back together that requires and immense amount of knowledge and skill.

I personally have even more respect in our technician after watching the level of care that goes into a repair of this scale.
I’m not doubting the technicians by any stretch. I’m just saying that a brand new car having to be disassembled like this would be nerve racking, “for me”.

I’m not doubting the technicians by any stretch. I’m just saying that a brand new car having to be disassembled like this would be nerve racking, “for me”.
It is absolutely a mix of nerves and excitement. I personally am just fascinated to see the inner workings of such an incredible piece of engineering. This is a one time recall. In my mind it's not nearly as bad as the regular engine out services you see on other exotics.

It is absolutely a mix of nerves and excitement. I personally am just fascinated to see the inner workings of such an incredible piece of engineering. This is a one time recall. In my mind it's not nearly as bad as the regular engine out services you see on other exotics.
I hope it is a one time recall. But if you’re a technician it’s job security.:biggrin:

euroboutique guys, any plans to add the carbon shift paddles (possibly core swap) to your online offerings? they looks super sexy compared to the stock ones. :)

We have already built a few sets for 2nd gen owners, just PM us to get a set on order! Been super busy and have not updated the website but already offer the CF paddles!

happy holidays

Agreed, no big deal - as long as the dealership has good communication which they did awesome, we have no issues. A local friend had a few R8's trouble free, went to a McLaren and within the 1st week of ownership had a ton of electrical issues including alarm would not shut off at night and then the doors won't close!

Took the car to WekFest San Jose 2019 and it was extremely well received!

We got our latest custom bespoke Carbon Fiber steering wheel with longer extended paddles installed - feels amazing and truly proper for such an exotic car, if you want one PM us:

Back