• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

toronto meets!!

Kcwc said:
anyone wants to meet up this weekend?

I do!! Can we meet up on Saturday?? I am bored and going through withdrawal as my NSX is back in Indiana. :(

Ok, looks like a saturday afternoon meet is in order. Who's in?

My proposal is somewhere in the richmond hill area as it's central to myself, kcwc, and Mitch. Dave is downtown, so it'll be a bit inconvenient but it's not too bad a run up the 404 on the weekend if we keep it close to the highway. Since Mitch is from out of town, wherever we choose should be very close to a major highway so he doesn't get lost :D

I can only meet after 2pm, so we can either do a late lunch or I can hook up with you guys afterwards if you're meeting earlier?

There's a bunch of restaurants just off hwy 404 + hwy 7 if that works for everyone? For anyone coming from downtown, it's a 25 minute jaunt up DVP+404, and for Mitch, it's a drive down 400 and then about 10 minutes east across 407.

Possible restaurants in that area include:

-Akasaka Japanese, pretty good sushi/teppanyaki $15-20
-The usual fare eg. Jack Astor's, Alice Fazooli's, the Keg $15-20
-Baton Rouge, decent sit down, huge portions, etc. $15-25
-Slightly better/classier: BriX, $20+
-Fire+Ice: Pick your own veggies and protein where they stir fry it up for you... good healthy eating at a reasonable price ;) ~$15

Suggestions?

Anyone else want to join us?

After 2 p.m. sounds great to me!!

I would go for either the Fire+Ice place (I try and eat healthy when possible) or The Keg (because anyplace with 'keg' in the name cannot be half bad). Which one do you guys prefer??

Meeyatch1 said:
We are already on the way to formulating our master plan....you in? :D

sure just want to know where we meet??

Okay...how about we meet at Fire+Ice at 2:30 pm since that seems to work for all involved?? Sound good??

Ok, I will be there, rain or shine. I'll be there a teeny bit late (2:15pm) as my kids swimming ends at 1:45pm.

Details:

Fire and Ice
25 Cochrane Drive
905-947-1900

Saturday, 2pm

Whoever gets there first, please reserve a table under "NSX" so we can all find each other :D

People coming so far:

-Arshad
-Mitch (Meeyatch)
-Dave (SPA_S2000)
-Nimesh (Dave's friend)
-kcwc

Directions:

From downtown Toronto:

Head up DVP+404, get off at highway 7 exit (just north of 407 exit)
Turn right, second traffic light is Cochrane Drive. Fire and Ice is right on the corner.

From Barrie:

Head south on 400
Take 407 East
Take Woodbine Ave North exit (turn left onto Woodbine)
Turn Left onto highway 7
First traffic light, turn left onto Cochrane Drive.

Mitch: 407 is an electronic toll highway, although you can probably avoid paying the toll altogether since you're in Indiana (they'll send you a bill in the mail). If you'd rather avoid 407, the other option is to get off on Highway 7 from 400 south. Take Hwy 7 (which is not really a highway at all) east all the way to Cochrane Drive (20 min drive). I would just hop on the 407 if I were you and skip on the bill ;-)

fireandice.jpg

Last edited:
I might be a little bit late
hope see u guys there

and I should ask my bro to drive his S2000!!! :biggrin:

Whoever gets there first get the reservation for 6 people just in case we have one extra person show. As of now I think there are 5 confirmed visitors.

Thank you to everyone who showed up for our lunch meeting. It was great to meet more of the Toronto area crew, and it is always nice to see NSXs filling up some parking spaces. I also loved watching the cars filter out of the lot....reminds me of how cool these cars look in motion. :)

Speaking of 'in motion'.....watching Arshad chase down an E46 M3 Convertible on the 407 was an extra special treat. The M3 passed me, then Arshad, then.....ZOOOOOM!!! Arshad's red NSX took off like a supercharged rocket with the Tubi singing its sweet music. Not a bad way to spend lunch...next time I will buy. Thanks again, guys!! :smile:

Speaking of 'in motion'.....watching Arshad chase down an E46 M3 Convertible on the 407 was an extra special treat. The M3 passed me, then Arshad, then.....ZOOOOOM!!! Arshad's red NSX took off like a supercharged rocket with the Tubi singing its sweet music.

Ahaha, I didn't realize you were behind me! I was taking it easy on the M3.. didn't want to scare him :D

It was great seeing you again, and cool to meet Dave and Ken for the first time as well. Yeah seeing Ken behind me as we pulled out makes me feel like doing an NSX drive. So when should we do it? It'd be awesome to get 10-15 cars together...

It was great seeing you again, and cool to meet Dave and Ken for the first time as well. Yeah seeing Ken behind me as we pulled out makes me feel like doing an NSX drive. So when should we do it? It'd be awesome to get 10-15 cars together..

great meeting and hope we can find more people to join the NSX meeting :biggrin:

oooohhhh crapppp!!!!!!

i don't look at the forum for a week and i miss a meet.... :confused: :mad:

next time we get together i'm in for sure...

or someone call me too, please!!

thanks,
nathan
416 561 4117

Back