• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track time at VIR

I'm still at the track and spending the night again before making my drive back down south but I just got done a two day track event at VIR with a group called Trackdaze. Trackdaze was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad he did. I could have run with Chin and will at some point but it just didn't work into my schedule. I ran here in October with Nsxpo and enjoyed the track so much I wanted to come back.

If anyone follows my build thread I changed a few things since then. To mention
Bilstein/tanabe springs to KW Clubsports 650/450 springs
Stock sway to Dali 1.0 trophy bent bar with middle hole setting
Cedar Ridge Front Clamps

Coz has been the biggest help with everything from setting up my rebound and compression on my KW's and also with the rack alignment and everything in between. The car is very neutral right now with my driving style and when I'm pushing it a little there's a hint of slight understeer, but that might be because I'm just carrying to much speed in certain instances and working the tires... I'm running Dunlop Direzza ZII's. Hot pressures are 36 across the board.

On a side note my setup felt great, and I felt confident enough to push around corners, for me anyways. There's still a few turns that are giving me issues and I need to smooth out my braking and work on heel toeing but overall I had a great time. I went off track at Hog Pen between turn 17 and 17a. It was pretty stupid since I could have pulled it back but thought I had enough track, but going roughly 80 on the exit once I got two wheels off there was no hope of saving it and I spun. Luckily there was enough track there and no damage was done, just a lot of grass in the engine bay, and in my cabin now... The best I ran was 2:21:xx This is the second event I've run on this track and the only track I have experience on.

Here's two videos with the instructor

After the spin I showed him that I understood what happened and he signed me off solo. Here are two of my runs. Unfortunately my Iphone mount was messed up so you can only see the top portion

You did great Stephen, Well done !...You were cooking !
Love your instructors hand signals, especially the thumbs up :)

Last edited:
glad to see the track bug biting!!

Summer time here we don't do much and if we do it's an early morning event. 5am to 12pm and we're done.
Even by noon it's 100+ degrees out.

Back