• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Tires: Recommendations?

I've decided to get a set of track tires for my next event in January. Does anyone have any recommendations for tire and size when it comes to mounting on the 16/17 inch 7-spoke OEM setup? I have read the FAQ, but I was just wondering if anyone could shed more light on the topic.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Im running Yoko A023R's (Advans as they are known in Japan and Europe) 225/50ZR-16 in the front and 255/40ZR-17 in back. You can buy at discounttiredirect.com or tirerack.com Works fine except for front wheel rubbing inside the fender wells at full lock, and the TCS trips off. Nobody but Hoosier makes the proper sized OEM fronts. The Yokos suffice because they wear a lot better on the street. The hoosiers are so sticky that if you use them on the street, they will pick up every little rock and bit of debris they run over.

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
I've decided to get a set of track tires for my next event in January. Does anyone have any recommendations for tire and size when it comes to mounting on the 16/17 inch 7-spoke OEM setup? I have read the FAQ, but I was just wondering if anyone could shed more light on the topic.

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 23 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 23 December 2001).]

The only track tires that really fit the 16/17 combo are the Pirelli P zero C’s: 225/45-16 and 255/40-17. Unfortunately, the 224/45-16 tire is currently out of production or unavailable in the US or both. Don’t know when they’ll be available. You can contact www.bobwoodmantires.com or www.eurotire.com to check availability.

In my opinion the A032 225/50-16 is too big for the front wheel and looks strange. I don't know how it drives though.

DanO

I concur with the above.Check with Bill at eurotire as Pirelli may be making an r compound tire based on there new rosso line.I had to switch to a 17/17 combo for the track and run the yokos as well 235/40/17 f and 275/40/17 r.

Back