• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

trade nsx for viper?

No matter what car you have there will always be punks trying to prove that their car is better then yours. Get the car you want, the one that puts a smile on your face everytime you drive it.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Hell yeah. And as for those punks... Drop a line to the local police to be on the lookout for some idiots driving recklessly in the neighborhood.

Tell them you don't want to lodge a complaint, but wanted to give them a heads up and give them a plate and description.

You'd be surprised what a cop might do with this info. I don't have to tell you just how horrible it would be to have the local boys in blue keeping an eye out for ya. Those idiots will have bigger problems than tailgating people.

working on a deal as we speak!
'00 Viper GTS black 4k on odo,extended warranty till '07 $58k
biggrin.gif

I just bought a beautiful 97 GTS last week.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa

huckster,if i get the viper we can still meet up at HOOTERS!i know some vette guys and some new viper friends,they all like HOOTERS also!we can make it a two seater club,excluding miatas.all cars must be capable of running 0-60 in less than 6 seconds!

nsxbadboy,
give me some feadback on the GTS,how will i like it?

I love it.Everyone acts like its a pain in the ass but I have no problems with it.First of all,Its noisy and it rumbles a lot.I went out of my way to get that.I could have bought a creampuff(2000-present) with a mild cam but I like the lopey idle.It does have a big hood and with me at 5 foot 8 it took some getting used to but thats because Ive always driven small cars.I feel like a movie star when I drive.People constantly take pictures of the car even while driving
eek.gif
I pulled up at the local race track and a crowd of 10 people came up taking pictures and video taping my arrival.The NSX gets lots of looks but nothing like that.The handling is unbelievable.Much better than my NSX-T but Im sure its cause its a GTS(read hardtop)The brakes suck.Not much to add there,just dont tailgate.Ohh did I mention the back end will break loose at 90 mph?Thats feels pretty cool.
biggrin.gif
The interior is very plain but can be jazzed up nicely with chrome gauge bezels.I find the seats are very comfortable.They even have a lumbar support.Overall,If you want performance,you'll get it with Viper.I chose to keep my NSX because of my passion for them.I added the Viper because I wanted a balls to the wall performer.Im fortunate enough to be able to own both.If I had to choose between an NSX or Viper though Id choose the NSX for its balance.

Joe

huckster,
it looks like a done deal,should get my viper tuesday.anyway i have two of those black and silver nsx books,if you don't already have one i'll give you my extra copy!but you'll have to race me for it!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I look forward to hearing how much you still love your viper 6 months from now. I think that will be a true test. Are you still keeping your NSX also?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

netviper,
i hope i do still like it in six months,if i don't i'll get something else.as far as keeping the nsx i decided to trade it to the dealer,i just don't have enough space
frown.gif

huckster,you'll need some NOS also
tongue.gif
i'll tell you what,i paid $35 for the book plus ship & hand.i'll trade it for a beer!
tongue.gif

And what do you think of it??

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

netviper,
very fast!love it!had it on the freeway today,80 mph at 1600 rpm.the car even pulls in 6th gear.build quality may not be as good as the nsx,but it is still hand built.i felt like some of reactions i got when i was driving the nsx "snob",in the viper i get thumbs up from even the white trash instead getting looks like they wanted to kick my ass.

Originally posted by randall:
i felt like some of reactions i got when i was driving the nsx "snob",in the viper i get thumbs up from even the white trash instead getting looks like they wanted to kick my ass.

I bet you'd get even more "thumbs up from even the white trash" with a shiny new pick-up truck.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by randall:
netviper,
very fast!love it!had it on the freeway today,80 mph at 1600 rpm.the car even pulls in 6th gear.build quality may not be as good as the nsx,but it is still hand built.i felt like some of reactions i got when i was driving the nsx "snob",in the viper i get thumbs up from even the white trash instead getting looks like they wanted to kick my ass.

Yea,wait till they follow you home.
biggrin.gif

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa

IMO the viper is junk.Typical clown shoe w/500 hp.Useless hp at that.I have never been impressed by it.Looks or performance.
PS I bought MYNSX for "me" and could give a crap how people view it or look at me.Fu#k them.Its my time and my money.....

------------------

IMO the viper is junk.Typical clown shoe w/500 hp.Useless hp at that.I have never been impressed by it.Looks or performance.
PS I bought MYNSX for "me" and could give a crap how people view it or look at me.Fu#k them.Its my time and my money.....

------------------

mynsx,
i can assure you that my y2k gts is not junk
mad.gif
the build quality is good,maybe first gen. cars had problems.lets just discuss my 92 nsx
snap ring $6000 fix
window $650 fix
climate control $5000 fix
hatch stuts $250 fix
antena $300 fix
loose radio knob $50 fix
bad bose speaker $800 fix
tim belt/pump 60k serv. $2500
evaporater $2400 fix
broken horn buton $25
tires every 6k $800
ripped visor $85
although i spent twice as mutch for my viper up front it has a warranty till '07 even though i won't have have it anymore because when the new gt40 is aval. i'll trade again.
cool.gif

Back