• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transmission Oil Change

Ok, my babe just hit 105K and I just did the oil (motor) and filter. In addition I looked over everything, per the manual, and everything looks fine. No leaks or excessive wear anywhere, however, I was wondering if I should change the transmission oil. I didn't see anything about changing the tranny oil in the manual. How often is this done? More importantly, does anyone know where I can get some tech know how to do this myself?

Thanks boys...

I didn't see anything about changing the tranny oil in the manual.

Did you look in the maintenance schedule? There's a copy in your owner's manual, in the service manual (you do have a service manual, right?), and in the FAQ. Look for the line that says "transmission oil".

How often is this done?

Every 24 months or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first.

More importantly, does anyone know where I can get some tech know how to do this myself?

Two places: (1) the service manual. If you're working on your own car, it's essential. (2) There's a write-up in the FAQ. The best place to find answers to so many NSX-related questions. In fact, many NSXprime members check the FAQ first, before asking questions here in the forums, in case they're already answered there.
wink.gif

Do it yourself. It is cake. I use Redline MTL, others use Redline MT-90, and still others use Honda MTL. I won't start the whole thread on that again,....

Drail refill procedue is very simple and is in the manual. Two bolts (drain and refill).

Special things you need will be:

A funnel and some aquarium pipe to fill the tranny.

The correct crush washers for the fill and drain bolts.

Good luck.

I have always used and been told to use Honda MTL, many of my friends have had problems w/ grinds when using non-OEM tranny fluid, at least thats been the emperical reason behind me never using Redline or any other non-OEM alternative fluid.
I say stick w/ OEM Honda MTL...

Back