• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transmission swap? (USA)

I'm looking to know how much it would be, where to source parts, and who can accomplish it :) Wanting to turn my auto into a manual
With current prices of donor transmissions being $7,500+, cost will be $15,000 to $25,000 if you pay someone to do it for you. ATR Parts in Austria sells swap kits with all the necessary parts. To do a complete swap you need to swap your AT cams for manual cams. Otherwise, you'll need to run on the AT ECU and be limited to 7,500 rpm/250hp.

There are probably about a dozen guys in the states who can do this job competently. Where are you located?

With current prices of donor transmissions being $7,500+, cost will be $15,000 to $25,000 if you pay someone to do it for you. ATR Parts in Austria sells swap kits with all the necessary parts. To do a complete swap you need to swap your AT cams for manual cams. Otherwise, you'll need to run on the AT ECU and be limited to 7,500 rpm/250hp.

There are probably about a dozen guys in the states who can do this job competently. Where are you located?

If parts are too unreasonable in America I might end up getting a full engine and transmission from Japan. Right now however; I do have a lead on a nice low milage engine and transmission for around 12k. I am in Georgia USA. Eifil is not willing to do the work. Do you have any other recommendeds?

If parts are too unreasonable in America I might end up getting a full engine and transmission from Japan. Right now however; I do have a lead on a nice low milage engine and transmission for around 12k. I am in Georgia USA. Eifil is not willing to do the work. Do you have any other recommendeds?
12k plus shipping at least 4k usd shipping cost an engine from japan i have one engine with manual transmission on sale for a 14k 69k miles on it from my totaled nsx 1991 c30a engine

Can some one point me to where the R4 resistor is in the ecu to convert to MT mapping? I have a unique situation where I have a MT but need to use the AT ecu to test something. Thanks.

The more detailed story. I have a 95 MT but the ecu is throwing P0141 and P0161 codes. I have done everything in the service manual but replacing the ecu. 95 MT ecu is hard to get so I got a 95 AT ecu, I can run the car with the AT ecu and those codes are gone, but now I have a new code since the ecu cannot communicate with the AT controller. I wonder if I remove the resistor, that code would go away. I know the 95 ecu is different from the 91-94 ecu but I just need to see where the resistor is relative to the cpu.

Back