• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transportation from Seattle to Chicago

Hi. I'm looking at possibly transporting a 91 from Seattle to Chicago. Can you guys recommend any reputable transport companies? Also, should I go enclosed or not?

Thanks,
Israel

Me, I'll have it there in 10hrs! J/K I'd make sure to use a closed trailer if I would ship a car, probably costs more though.

Well I have the shipping company selected, Pacific Eastern, but transaction for the car is not finalized yet. I had the car inspected on Tues. but have now heard back from seller. I'm assuming he is busy with work but hopefully he gets back to me soon as the shipping company can pick the car up next week.

I've been dreaming of owning an NSX since they first came out. I seriously started shopping around 2 years ago but just now finally feel like I've found the right one.

Thanks

Well I have the shipping company selected, Pacific Eastern, but transaction for the car is not finalized yet. I had the car inspected on Tues. but have now heard back from seller. I'm assuming he is busy with work but hopefully he gets back to me soon as the shipping company can pick the car up next week.

I've been dreaming of owning an NSX since they first came out. I seriously started shopping around 2 years ago but just now finally feel like I've found the right one.

Thanks

Never heard of them. Are they a broker? If so, RUN from this deal. You want a shipping company thats going to use their OWN trucks and put the car on ONCE before it get delivered.

If you shop only for the best $$$ deal, you WILL get screwed in the transport business.

EDIT: Where are you in Geneva? My sister lives off of Geneva Dr.

The company was recommended by someone on the forum who just used them to ship an 04 NSX from Cal to Wash. I'm using enclosed shipping with a liftgate and not ramps. The company owns trucks and is also a broker. This car, assuming the deal still gets done, would be transported by the owner of the company. I've been dealing with the wife and so far they've kept to their word.

I live right off Randall and Fabyan.

Just make sure you get the mileage when they load it. I don't trust them!

Good luck.

FYI, Can I ask the price? I just paid $1600 from Seattle to Minneapolis. Could have got it for $1300 if I wanted to wait a few extra weeks.

Well, I talked to the seller this morning and he decided to stick to his word. Looks like the car will be ready on the 14th as the seller is out of town for most of the time prior to that.

After 2 years of searching, I hope to officially join the club soon!

Back