• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trip to Tokyo for TAS 2014

Hello fellow prime members from Japan,

A few friends and I will be traveling to Tokyo this coming January for Tokyo Auto Salon (been dreaming about going for quite some time)!!

During our stay we plan on visiting Top Secret and RWB in Chiba as long as they are not too hectic getting ready for the show. We also are going to make sure we visit a Super Autobacs. Are there any other automotive places around the Tokyo/Chiba region that is a must see for a car enthusiast? What about other non-car related attractions and night life?

Would absolutely love to go to a car meet/event not related to TAS but know that is highly unlikely!

We will only be in Tokyo for a few days, arriving in the afternoon of the 7th and leaving midnight on the 12th.

Any help would be appreciated!

I will be out of the country until a few days after you leave, or I'd try to make it out and show you around.

Nissan just opened the new Nismo showcase down in Yokohama, and there's a huge Super Autobacs there, so that may be a good area to check out if you're interested (it's also not far from Daikoku Futo and there's good nightlife in Yokohama).

MINE'S is down that way somewhere, JUN is between me and Shibuya in west Tokyo, and the Upgarage headquarters store is in Machida west Tokyo (lots of good stuff there). There's a cool classic Japanese car showcase going on right now in Daiba, 2000GTs, hakosukas, etc.

There's good nightlife pretty much everywhere you go, but some places to check out in particular are Shibuya (western area has a number of bars/clubs), Shinjuku (near the capital), and Roppongi (the area near the embassies).

If you need help deciphering the trains and getting around, I can help explain that as well.

Skip Super Autobacs. I was just today at the one in Minato Mirai/Yokohama. Nothing really that special. I have a regular Autobacs within biking distance of me in Yokosuka and it's smaller. Try to hit up a couple UpGarages instead.

The rest stop in Yokohama called Daikuko Futo is definitely worth visiting on a Friday/Saturday night. That's where all the cars come out at night.

Mine's is in Yokosuka somewhere, but I've only been here 2 months and haven't had a chance to find it yet.

I should be rolling up to the TAS on Saturday with a bunch of Y-plate GTRs. I'll be the one with a Sparco steering wheel on the back of my DSport/Sparco backpack :p

I will probably be going to this, you can hit me up on facebook Kim S Mao. i'm also on the nsx primer facebook page. Show you around the nightlife to.

Back