• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trofeo v Sport Cup 2

I can confirm that the Contis suck donkey balls. I lose the rear quite often.

PS4S will be ordered soon.

Axx, would you please provide some more details on how you “lose the rear”? I’ve got an ‘18 with those God-awful Conti’s. And I totally agree with you: They’re just awful, awful tires...at least, they are on this particular car.

I’ve got lots and lots of track time on liter bikes (occasionally getting an elbow down), but only a few track hours in cars. I’m not very good at all with managing long, drifting power slides. But very fast-reaction short power slides at or immediately after the apex....we’ll, that’s my jam.

Yet, even with these really crappy Conti’s, I have yet to lose the rear end (and by “lose” the rear, I mean have the rear come around completely, or have it step out so far as to all but ruin the turn).

I haven't driven my NSX hard in Track Mode yet; all of my hard driving has been in Sport+. So maybe that’s why the ass-end hasn’t come around on me yet? Are you in Track Mode when the rear steps way out?

I have experienced some pretty serious corner-entry over-steer, for sure. Is that what you’re talking about?

I’d really appreciate hearing some details.

Attachments

• FB154234-B638-4A77-89D6-F98155898A50.jpg
    FB154234-B638-4A77-89D6-F98155898A50.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 170
Need new rubbers. Any new advice, new thought or new recommendations before I pull the trigger on Cup 2’s next week?

you are worried about "warm up time " for street driving.....:confused::eek:

Back