• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tulsa 2008 Schedule of Events

I have that date reserved for a get together, whatever that might be. Just tell me when and where.

I'm going to reschedule the Shop Tour and Dyno Day for a time TBD. However, the next scheduled event - JRP - is still on. Details forthcoming, probably next week. Apologies for any inconvenience.

I really enjoyed the JRP kart racing and cookout afterwards last year. I will be out of town 7/12 and 7/26 so, selfishly, I hope those dates don`t work out best for everybody.

Date: Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Subject: June 21st - Meet and Greet

Hey Everyone!!!!

Well, it's almost time for the Meet and Greet, at Bob Hurley's Auto Family on New Sapulpa Road by the Turnpike Gate

This Saturday, June 21st, 11:00 - 1:00

We will be having Sub Sandwiches instead of Hamburgers

So, Please let me know tonight, if you are going to be able to make it.

Remember to bring your walkie talkies if you have them.

We hope to take a run after lunch.

Hope to see you there!!!!!
I need to let them know tonight how many from our group will be attending, so please let me know ASAP.

Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 26th for an NSX/S2000 Dyno Day at Humble Performance!

When: Saturday, July 26th @ 5pm (cookout @ 5pm, dyno pulls @ 6pm or so)
Where: Humble Performance, 8117 E. 48th St., Tulsa , OK 74145

$50 gets you 3 pulls
$75 gets you 3 pulls w/ Wideband (air/fuel)

The dyno itself is a 2WD above-ground DynoJet capable of doing FWD/RWD cars.

List of Attendees so far (from s2ki):

1. JulieU
2. Humbles2k
3. 91excoupe
4. Kory with an AP1
5. my red S
6. ill mitch
7. QBNCGAR
8. konerri
9. yoshua60
10. Rollinx25

Last edited:
Local NSXers, please see Julie's post above regarding this weekend's meet. You may have missed it since it was a revision of a previous post.

I want to be there and will plan to be there. My mother has some health issues, so it will depend on her status on Saturday.

Chip - hoping for the best for your family and mother. If you can't attend, of course, we all totally understand.

Looks like the Talimena drive is already being discussed by the s2k crowd: thread here.

I'm going to do my best to make this drive. Any other NSXs coming?

Won't be making the Talimina drive b/c I'm w/o car. However, I do have updated news: it'll be a one day event on August 23rd with an option of continuing on to Hot Springs, AR or returning home.

I know we need to do a social event ASAP. Anyone up for a breakfast meet on Sat. morning sometime this month?

Won't be making the Talimina drive b/c I'm w/o car. However, I do have updated news: it'll be a one day event on August 23rd with an option of continuing on to Hot Springs, AR or returning home.

I know we need to do a social event ASAP. Anyone up for a breakfast meet on Sat. morning sometime this month?

I'm in..let us know Mr social chairman.

BTW - What in the world is going on with your car? When are you going to get it back?

I'm in..let us know Mr social chairman.

BTW - What in the world is going on with your car? When are you going to get it back?

Okay, how does Sat, Sept 6th sound at Mimi's again? It'd be nice to see everyone again and make fun of Chip.

Re: my car. All good things. Somethings are in the works, that you'll eventually know about, that have postponed delivery. ;)

Unfortunately I can't make that date - my oldest son's birthday. I can do this weekend or next though.

OK, I can make any of the next few Saturdays work, if they are early enough, especially if I am going to be made fun of. Shawn, do you "really" own an NSX or are you just a groupie?

OK, I can make any of the next few Saturdays work, if they are early enough, especially if I am going to be made fun of. Shawn, do you "really" own an NSX or are you just a groupie?

Okay, the Tulsa area NSX/S2K crowd are hereby noticed that we'll be meeting for breakfast on Saturday, September 13th at 8:30AM. I'll see if I can get Synergy to bring some of their new products to the meet. Maybe they can bring their new R35 GTR. I'll send out a mass email to the locals in addition to this post.

Do I own an NSX? You should ask Tory b/c I was ahead of him the whole time we were at Hallett. Up until my engine imploded. :frown:

Last edited:
You meant "September" 13th or did you mean August 23rd instead of August 13th?

Do I own an NSX? You should ask Tory b/c I was ahead of him the whole time we were at Hallett. Up until my engine imploded. :frown:[/QUOTE]

OK, let's set the record straight here buddy and let the picture speak for itself. You and your soon to explode red NSX are in what position around this turn at Hallett? Let's see, who's driving that midnight pearl NSX in front of you? That's me!!! I think I had just lapped you for something like the third time! Man do you drive slow :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

No go back and read your calendar and give us a good date. What kind of example are you setting here Mr. Chairman?

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Looks like we've got about 10 people coming, at least. Looking forward to seeing you guys/girls!

We're still a go for Saturday morning, Sept 13th, at 8:30AM. 70% chance of rain but I know you're itching to show your cars off. If the garage queen can't get wet, you can bring the beater, and we won't make too much fun of you.

We've got some club business to attend to and some parts from Synergy to check out so I hope to see you guys/gals there.

PS - no, I don't have my car yet. :wink:

I will be there. . . rain or shine. . . with my car. . .because. . . unlike Shawn. . . I "really" have one. Just kidding, Shawn. I`m getting getting the first lick in because you said you were going to make fun of me at this get together and I have been stressing over it.

9/13/08 Cars & Coffee Pix

^ ROFL! Thanks for coming out! As always, good seeing you all again.

IMG1703.jpg

IMG1700.jpg

IMG1701.jpg

IMG1702.jpg

IMG1705.jpg

Ladies and Gents,

Local NSX owners are invited to a meet with their Supra brethren on Oct. 25th. Here are the specifics:

Where: Hunter Park 5804 E. 91 St. Tulsa, OK 74137
When: Sat Oct 25th. Noon
Who: YOU!

JRP speedway
5920 West 51st. Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Phone: (918) 446-7000
http://jrpspeedway.com/

10:00pm.....Drag Racing
Tulsa Raceway Park
3101 N Garnett Rd
Tulsa, OK 74116
918.437.RACE (7223)
http://tulsaracewaypark.com/

The plan is to meet up at Hunter Park for some socializing, pics, go get some carting action, and then either drag your car or watch others race theirs! I plan on attending with my car.

Please reply to the specific thread - http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077460#post1077460

Sushi Night! 11/13/08 @ 7pm

Who's ready for some good food, good friends and good times? Mark your calendars for...

NSX/S2K Sushi Night!!

When: Thursday, November 13, 2008 @ 7pm
Where: Fuji Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar

Optional short cruise
From the parking lot of the Marriott hotel on 71st just west of Lewis (click for map) beginning at 6pm!

Please indicate if you plan on attending so I can get a headcount for dinner reservations.

I'm down for both the drive and dinner. My family will meet us at Fuji. And I'll be sure to schedule this in my calendar so I don't forget it. ;)

Back