• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo Motor Dyno Run

David,

Is this the custom single turbo you've been talking about?

Way to go!

-nel

I am probably going to run in the Lone Star Nationals in a couple of weeks, so I will have 1/4 mile times then. In the mean time, here is the dyno chart:

View

The turbo I am using has a lot of adjustability, and I could easily swap the housing to make it spool up a lot quicker, but it would reduce high-end power a bit. I am getting about 200 ft-lbs of torque at 3500 rpm, so I am pretty happy with it now.

I will post photos and a complete description of the modifications in the next week or so.

oooooh yes...info info....I want some info on you're magnificent NSX hehe....is it a totally custom turbo? and I hear.it's a single turbo?

Damn... VERY VERY nice... like the rest of the guys.. when are we going to get the details and pictures?! I would like to know the setup you have. this is probably the fastest street NSX.

Just got back from lunch and a ride in David's car!!!

Hands down one of the fastest cars I've ever been in!!!

I will be capturing my video that I made here in a few minutes...Hopefully I will be able to put it up if I have any server space left over...

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

http://www.nextestdrive.net

Post links to that video because I'm interested to see/hear his NSX. Thanks.

Also if you need some server space let me know I have a place to store it.

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 07 March 2001).]

judging by the person saying jesus christ and the way the camera gets thrown back when he punches it...I think i want the turbo setup...anyone got any footage of a nsx with a sc...What all does he have done to his car..and is that the comptech body kit? nice footage though

I guess you better do internals like Dave if you want that type of power.

Originally posted by sonik:
judging by the person saying jesus christ and the way the camera gets thrown back when he punches it...I think i want the turbo setup...anyone got any footage of a nsx with a sc...What all does he have done to his car..and is that the comptech body kit? nice footage though

Actually I have some brief footage of the inside of Mark Weinberg's SC NSX...and I thought that was something else!!! My reaction was about the same...of course not knowing that THIS Turbo NSX was the king of all modified NSXs...no question.

From memory and seat of the pants feel...the SC punches up much quicker...but when the turbo spools up farther down the rev range...forget it. Not much out there will keep up...maybe an F50 or somehting. Apparently David had this same car SC'd at one time and it must not have done the trick. Maybe he will chime in here soon to shed some light.

It is the Comptech wide body...and in person looks awesome...it definitely goes well with the car's "new character" as he put it.

As for what's underneath...you'd have to get the skinny from David for specifics...He told me but I don't want to TRY to tell about it and mess something up...

------------------

OK I'm sold I want 500 HP so how much if I bring my car to TX???
smile.gif

Also are those Ferrari's in the background of that video? Where was that footage taken??? I'm looking forward to some real track times. Congrats David your car kicks ass.

what about sounds..I mean my friend has a supercharged integra and it just sounds awesome..besides the blow off valve is there any difference in sound?

nsx x ?$ =500 hp

Ok i think *everyone* is hooked now, even if they've never been in a turbo nsx...

So everyone's DYING to know, HOW MUCH IS THE TURBO SETUP!?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 08 March 2001).]

Wow, that is amazing! I have to get one of those. 504 HP is incredible. I havent seen any SC car that made that much power.

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

sound= racing car...damn crazy exhaust note...Even in the video you can hear that "turbo suck" outclassing the exhaust from the cabin...and the blow-off valve...psssssshhh...crazy.

he said his exhaust pipes are runnig straight from the turbo...no mufflers at all on thi current setup.

The place is Norwood Autocraft in Dallas...right off of NW Highway and 35. Norwood Turbo tunes just about ANYTHING including Ferraris. Probably the most outrageous car there has to be the Turbo F50 that they have done. As well as an 800+ hp Impala...some may ask why...I guess their answer might be "WHY THE HELL NOT?"

the URL doesn't seem to be up anymore but here it is: www.bobnorwood.com

NSX turbo cost= beats me...that's a David question for sure.

------------------

[This message has been edited by scottjua (edited 08 March 2001).]

Just talked to the guys at Norwood, and all I can say is WOW. I can't imagine having 500 RW hp... but I'm going to see them next week!! Take it for what it is worth, but they said it could probably be done for somewhere around 30K. Holy cow, I want one!!!

We just returned from seeing David's NSX. UNREAL!!! The Comptech body kit and the Dali twin scoop hood look awesome, huge rubber meeting the ground, and it just sounds incredible. The exhaust is totally uncorked, shook the windows at the restaurant.

The turbo setup is sweet! Very clean, no piping everywhere, he could probably even put the engine cover back on it. But who would want to cover up that beautiful motor!!!

Dave, thanks again for taking out the time to get together with us. We're looking forward to seeing you smoke some people at the import drags!!!

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

$30k?!?! *chokes on his own tongue* OMG that's another 91 NSX right there...

nevermind.... guess i'll keep the turbo on my nsx in my dreams...

David, can we see some more pictures? I'd love to see a few good pictures of the turbo setup and all the mods u have on your nsx...

very nice!

-Electro

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 08 March 2001).]

Back