• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo Power steering engine sawp

I was looking around I thought i Could never affore a nsx but i found some sick deals on ebay for older nsxes. But i can only afforda a 1991 or 1992 which i was worried that the steering might be majorly effected becuse it doesnt have power steering do i need it to enjoy this car?? also i was wondering if i soudld swap the 3.0 to a 3.2. Also do both types of engines havea a turbo that i could put on?? if so could any one give me names?? thx

well honestly the only time you would notice not having power steering i think is when you are pulling out of a parking spot :biggrin:

some would argue that with non-power steering you might get a better feel for the road, anyhow, at least you get to get a workout and get buff while driving the car.

for turbo's there are a few options but they cost a retarded amount of money,
and the cost of the system's alone may cost over %66 of the cost that you may be buying your 91/92 nsx for.

the nsx isnt exactly the most efficient horsepower/$ car you can get,
if you want more than 30 rwhp gain you need to spend quite a bit of money after I/H/E

depending on what your price range is, if you really want torque and hp, you might want to look at a used C5 or Evo 8

I have heard of Turbos getting low 11's and some supercharger getting low 12's on 1/4 mile so yea the low 11's kind of got me... h/p dont really madder to me when this car weighs so light... yea so any one got ne names of ne supercharer and or turbo charger compaies?? I def can affor a covett and a evo 8 is to much of a ricer car. I like the idea that speed isnt every thing on the nsx. Aslo is it worth it to do a engine sawp on the 3.0 to a 3.2??

listen man...chew on this rice.

An FX500 turbo system will cost you ~$18k for ~400rwhp.
Correct me i'm wrong guys, but the cost includes labor, tuning and all the parts.

IMO, thats pretty damn steep.

The comptech supercharger adds a paltry ~35hp for a $9k package.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/350010.html

BTW, while the nsx was pretty light ~3100lbs 15 years ago, 3100lbs and 270hp are mazda rx8 kinda numbers. use the search function, this discussion has been made several times over.

If you want a unique, great handling (albeit slow by todays standards) car with the interior of a 1989 accord - buy an nsx. While they are very reliable, expect to pay $$$$ for anything that may go wrong.

Its a tuff decision, one that i wrestled with for many months. It sounds like you havent even driven an nsx.

personally, if it were my $30k, i'd get a used vette if i wanted outright speed, a new mustang (i cant believe i said that), or a 350z (again). An ATI s/c for the Z will cost you ~$7k for 410rwhp.

i think you can get about 395 rwhp from a basch boost supercharger kit if you take the time to tune it right and use standalone,

also the FX500 is good for 500+++ hp, i think some guys on here are getting about 650 rwhp *cough**cough* :biggrin:, but again, in general, NA cars are not the greatest cars to FI for the $, i think if i really wanted retarded straight line speed, i'd get a used Firehawk throw some boost at it :biggrin:
if you can i think you should definitely try to con someone into letting you drive one.
if you need convincing though, then this car prolly isnt for you :biggrin:

if you do decide on a nsx, you would be better off trying to find a higher mileage 97+ than doing an engine swap up to 3.2 litre, because a 3.2 litre with tranny is going to run you over $10k-$15k i think, thats not counting labor and stuff so that already puts you in 97+ ish range after all is said and done

happy hunting :biggrin:

qirex said:
listen man...chew on this rice.

An FX500 turbo system will cost you ~$18k for ~400rwhp.
Correct me i'm wrong guys, but the cost includes labor, tuning and all the parts.

IMO, thats pretty damn steep.

The comptech supercharger adds a paltry ~35hp for a $9k package.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/350010.html

BTW, while the nsx was pretty light ~3100lbs 15 years ago, 3100lbs and 270hp are mazda rx8 kinda numbers. use the search function, this discussion has been made several times over.

If you want a unique, great handling (albeit slow by todays standards) car with the interior of a 1989 accord - buy an nsx. While they are very reliable, expect to pay $$$$ for anything that may go wrong.

Its a tuff decision, one that i wrestled with for many months. It sounds like you havent even driven an nsx.

personally, if it were my $30k, i'd get a used vette if i wanted outright speed, a new mustang (i cant believe i said that), or a 350z (again). An ATI s/c for the Z will cost you ~$7k for 410rwhp.

Quite honestly after readign that i want one more I live where the longest stright is only about a mile log after coming out of a 45 degree turn. And H/p dont madder to me when the car is as ligth as it is.

LaTenTConcepT said:
Quite honestly after readign that i want one more I live where the longest stright is only about a mile log after coming out of a 45 degree turn. And H/p dont madder to me when the car is as ligth as it is.

The NSX is nothing special in terms of being light weight:

NSX - 3,153 lbs
C6 - 3,179 lbs
911s - 3,131 lbs
F360 - 3,064 lbs

Considering the variations of what drivers and passengers might weigh and the amount of gas in the car, all of these cars weigh practically the same amount. Now, if you want a true light weight car, consider the Lotus Elise. Even in US spec, it weights 1,984 lbs.

If you can only afford a 91 or 92, can you really afford a new 3.2 engine to drop in it?? or a supercharger??

Noone could want one of these cars more than me, but I know you have to wait until you can comfortably buy the car, and expect something to break and be able to pay for the repair no problem... If you're buying the car and have like 6 dollars left over,

you should wait.

just my $0.02, correct me if I'm wrong owners

Back