• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turn switch sometime does click off?

gtr

Experienced Member
My turn switch signal lever sometime doesn't click off automatically after a turn. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Most likely the turn signal cancel unit. Mine turn switch would not reset after a turn. I followed the service manual and finally traced the problem to the cancel unit. Replaced it and problem cured.

Russ White said:
I cleaned first, but problem was only solved when I replaced the cancel unit.
Russ - '91 Black/Ivory

Mine works after the car has been turned on for 1 minute. It's strange how right on startup the thing doesn't work (cancel). Was yours the same way?

It's strange since my car only has 28,000 miles. Perhaps sitting the electronics oxidize to a point that it doesn't function? It makes more sense to clean first and I'll look into the cancel unit if the problem still persist.

Thanks,

Russ, did your signal not cancel, until the car has been started for 20 secs? I'm having this problem and thinking about purchasing a new cancel unit. After cleaning so far it only doesn't cancel right after startup.

Mine just started not cancelling. I don't know why it would, but could it be heat related? I started having a problem during our recent hot spell, not a single occurrence before. Maybe after you run your AC and cool the car down inside it works? I've been going "topless" and not running the air, so it doesn't start magically working.

Just a wild thought based on circumstances.

sportmarc said:
Mine just started not cancelling. I don't know why it would, but could it be heat related? I started having a problem during our recent hot spell, not a single occurrence before. Maybe after you run your AC and cool the car down inside it works? I've been going "topless" and not running the air, so it doesn't start magically working.

Just a wild thought based on circumstances.

I think i had two problem. The conector may have been dirty. Yesterday it was cleaned and so now my signal cancel only works after about 20sec after on position. I'm thinking there may be some relay that may of gone bad on the cancel unit itself. I thinking of ordering a new unit but I would like confirmation of something having my same problem first.

EDIT: Would someone verify if their NSX blinker cancel right after startup? After cleaning mine, it does work better but I have to wait 15-20sec on the start position or have the car started for the cancel unit to work.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited:
nis350 said:
Mine was not canceling at first, then it now cancel too soon. :confused:

Mine is starting to work again :confused: It cancels at 10:00 and 2:00 while turning back. What about yours?

Currently mine works right now but, i'm going to replace it and advoid future hassle.

I have to do this repair as well. Mine was working all this time wit no problems. I haven't driven the car in about 2 months and now it doesn't work :mad: I guess it really does need a good cleaning.

gtr said:
Mine is starting to work again :confused: It cancels at 10:00 and 2:00 while turning back. What about yours?

Currently mine works right now but, i'm going to replace it and advoid future hassle.

Not sure the exact point it cancels, but it appears to cancel out while I was turning the steering wheel (before I actual turn back the opposite direction). However, one in a ten times it would cancel properly.

I am a little surprise that we have this kind of issues. I had cars that are much older that don't have minor issues like this. :mad:

**Update**

My cancel unit was replace and everything works perfect :biggrin:

Thank you everyone for your help! Cleaning did not do a thing for me and I have no idea on why mine went bad since it has under 30K miles on the OD. Perhaps by sitting and oxidation the electronics go bad :confused:

Back