• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two days ago I had a tough decision to make...

But after getting up, doing some calisthenics, having some coffee and throwing out week-old Mattar Panir, I have come to a conclusion. I can keep both.

Backstory:

Excellent Primer sold me his NA2 over the winter. It is a two-owner with low miles and some cool previous owner mods. I put some serious money into it (okay, I did the required maintenance and sourced some cool upgrades.) I love the car. LOVE it. Why? It looks like a street version of a MadMax car. Paint is junky but who cares. It is black. The stereo is loud and when I downshift ...I hear that Tubi exhaust note...

attachment.php

attachment.php

But then, I received a text at nearly midnight from another excellent Primer. He tipped me off to a stunning, one-owner car. Of course, I did not see the text until the next morning. Since timing is important, I rounded up the necessary stuff and off I went after work to see the car. By 6pm I was pulling into the seller's driveway. By 6:01:32 I knew I was buying it. The seller asked me if I wanted to think it over and make an offer. (Note, the Primer had already checked it out and driven it and proclaimed it stunning. CarFax was clear. Walking up to it, you knew it was perfect.) I reached into the console and handed the guy a stack of green bills. I took ownership of this car so fast the guy wasn't sure what just happened. The car is one owner since new (includes even the original purchase contract). Tons of receipts from the dealership that did the work. It is green with tan interior. Miles are 2X the black beast but it is in 3X the condition. It is simply stunning. But...it is an NA1 targa.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, I have a tough decision to make. How do I decide which to keep? Naturally, I called a guru in the community (JV at AoB) and ran it by him. His thoughts were aligned with mine and he essentially said to keep the one in the best condition. But still, 6 versus 5 forward gears (who cares about tight gating and same gearbox with more internals), .2 more litres/added horsepower (not like I couldn't get that with a SC and besides the C30 has piston liners) and bigger brakes (bolt on item)...it was going to be a tough decision. Sort of like choosing between two amps...one goes to 10 the other 11...that extra digit speaks to my frugality/desire to get more for my money. Still, the advice was sound. Then, I showed it to my fashion advisor (pre teen daughter) - she proclaimed the green with tan stunning but dated and told me the black one was the keeper. (Clearly she has a lot to learn.)

So, I asked myself these questions over and over and over. NA2 versus NA1. Does condition get ruined with how I will use it? How will I react if someone parks next to me? Do I really see myself as driving and maintaining so nice a car? Why did the car have to be green? Could I wear Magnum P.I. shades and get away with that look for the summer? All tough questions.

A photo of them together:

attachment.php

And so...the decision is to tuck the second one away in a garage a block away and just keep them both. Problem solved. For now.

I am going to need to borrow $500 to hire an attorney to represent me in the case surely to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_4390.jpg
    IMG_4390.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_4379.jpg
    IMG_4379.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_3041.jpg
    IMG_3041.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_4380.jpg
    IMG_4380.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4386.jpg
    IMG_4386.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 466
I sure as h*ll don't know what "throwing out week-old Mattar Panir" is or means, but................WELCOME to the "TWO CLUB." :biggrin:

BBS RGR's on your Berlina? Like.

So if I was in Australia, the top picture would be upside down and the rest right side up? Lol. You have two great cars congratulations and enjoy them. I agree with alum04org on the BBS wheels. Very nice.

Back