• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TYPE R shift knob

I was looking at pics of NSX Type R's and I decided I'd like to have a shift knob from one. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one??? I looked at RM racing, Comptech and Dali and they don't have any that are EXACTLY like the Type R's.

I was looking at pics of NSX Type R's and I decided I'd like to have a shift knob from one. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one???

What about that parts place you posted about in the topic called "JDM Parts"? Can you get it from them?

I had them. It looks funky for the NSX, as the knob are very short and therefore expose the shaft. Of course, u can move the boot up and ty-wrap it from the bottom, but it still looks funky too me. BTW, u can get it directly from acura dealer. Don't be surprise, it's very expensive. For allof u that have the 6 speed, get the S2000 ones.

NSXTASY

Yea I tired JDM Parts but like most import related sites they only have parts for Integras or Civics! I thought someone said in here that NSX's are selling really good in Japan?? So why isn't there an abundance of aftermartket parts DAMN IT!
smile.gif

I did find a place that has Mugen NSX stuff!!!! They have a really cool lexan rear hatch with a GT-1 style scoop, its really cool and expensive I think it was like 4000! MUGEN HEADERS 3900! DAMN!!!! If you want to check out the other stuff. www.kingmotorsports.com

Andrie Hartanto,

I was looking at NSX Type R's and S zeros and I really liked the shift knobs. I'll call an Acura dealer to find out. Thanks for your help

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 14 September 2000).]

HapaHaole, is your S2000 shift knob the titanium one?
BTW, the NSX-R and NSX-S shifter are different, the R one looks a lot better because it's a lot shorter than the S one.
But, hell their price a TOO expensive and I don't think it's worth it. I would also recommand the S2000 shifter if you have a 6 speed.

I thought someone said in here that NSX's are selling really good in Japan?? So why isn't there an abundance of aftermartket

NSX sales in the United States are currently three times as high as those in the Japanese domestic market. Ever since the NSX was introduced in 1990, the U.S. accounts for roughly half of worldwide sales. At least we have some vendors who specialize in the NSX, like RM Racing, Comptech, and Dali Racing, all of whom have aftermarket stuff. Sorry it doesn't include what you're looking for.

Have you tried CSi? They handle some JDM stuff for NSX's. You can contact them at [email protected] or at 714-879-7955.

Hey guys thanks for all the info. I don't have a 6 speed so the S2000 shifter is out of the question, someday maybe.

I'll have to do more digging but I like the look of the Type R's shifter. If NSEX is right and it is way too expensive maybe I'll find better things to dump my $$$ into right now. Again thanks guys for the help.

Back