• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S Announced

Nobody buys an NSX because of its total HP rating. 240hp S2000? Why the hell is that desirable?

This will be a very collectible, very well executed special car. I fully intend to purchase and plan on hanging on to it. It will be beautiful next to my Zanardi, CR, and LFA.

I have an Iron Maiden pinball machine. :biggrin:

It's a great machine. I've been a pinball addict since the 1970s. No Maiden machine yet though although it's on the shopping list. The Silverball Pinball Museum/Retro Arcade has about 80 machines, Maiden Pro version included. For a low fee you can play any and all the machines without the need to slip in coins. It will hold me over until I have my own.

https://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/#_museumrates

From the mechanical engineers who worked on the project whom I spoke with on a random beach trip to get ice cream, more electric output is coming on this car and more engine output.

Irrelevant "upgrades". They can't overcome the car's major faults:
1) It's a damn hybrid.
2) No manual transmission.
3) Extremely ugly. (Especially when parked next to a real NSX)
4) Weighs 2 tons.
5) Did I mention that it's extremely ugly and is doomed to depreciate worse than a British car.

240hp S2000? Why the hell is that desirable?
For people with lower budget it's one of the best driver cars out there. Even amoung roadsters it has set benchmarks due to its excellent suspension.
I've had one for 3 years but long ago. But the 2.0 engine lacks torque IMHO.

For people with lower budget it's one of the best driver cars out there. Even amoung roadsters it has set benchmarks due to its excellent suspension.
I've had one for 3 years but long ago. But the 2.0 engine lacks torque IMHO.

Me thinks Biff was just having fun with that post.

I had an S2000 for nearly 7 years, such a fun car, driving dynamics, shifter, breaking, well balanced, unique engine.

I saw a one owner model year 2000 like mine was with only 20,000 miles for sale outside a local Lexus store this week for just under $40K.

Biff, pics of the LFA please, I had an allocation way back when and made my first $10K deposit, but then backed out as my wife did not like the idea of a car that sounded like it does.

It's a great machine. I've been a pinball addict since the 1970s. No Maiden machine yet though although it's on the shopping list. The Silverball Pinball Museum/Retro Arcade has about 80 machines, Maiden Pro version included. For a low fee you can play any and all the machines without the need to slip in coins. It will hold me over until I have my own.

https://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/#_museumrates

If you're every up in Md, come on over. I have 20 in my basement. :cool:

You won't even need quarters. :tongue:

Me thinks Biff was just having fun with that post.

I had an S2000 for nearly 7 years, such a fun car, driving dynamics, shifter, breaking, well balanced, unique engine.

I saw a one owner model year 2000 like mine was with only 20,000 miles for sale outside a local Lexus store this week for just under $40K.

Biff, pics of the LFA please, I had an allocation way back when and made my first $10K deposit, but then backed out as my wife did not like the idea of a car that sounded like it does.

Sir you are correct. I was just illustrating that HP has nothing to do with desirability or the driving dynamics of a car. I've had the good fortune to have owned many different cool cars, and the only one I've consistently owned for the past 18 years is an S2000 (I've had at least five since my first MY03).

64703729462__4D6B4874-5147-46A0-B500-87DDA73195DF.fullsizerender by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
A749F300-B3EE-4897-8887-6519968C1469 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
IMG_1427 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
IMG_1428 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
IMG_1484 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
64706659333__85189F92-E335-4B39-BF42-FF2EA360034B by Biff Malibu, on Flickr

And just for the sake of being a Honda nerd, two other recent ownership experiences I've enjoyed:

E07A08D0-871A-402F-8151-4DFB1B1F8F74 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
ECEEAD10-A3F5-4E3D-919C-AA995AAD05F5 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
IMG_0821 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr
IMG_0922 by Biff Malibu, on Flickr

Thanks very much

R8+ standing at the ready

Kudos to you Malibu

I am surprised you can get the LFA in and out of your garage, looks like a big angle

We were in Malibu for a wedding in July, spectacular views, frightening roads in a bus

I imagine you have some epic drives up and down the coast with your fleet of rolling joy

Thank you guys. Had to have the driveway repaved to accommodate my cars. After three tries the contractor got the angle just right, and all cars can clear!

Cool story, would have loved to see the workers faces when informed, tear it out and do it again, and again and again.

I was in Japan 2015 for the 25th Anniversary of the NSX there was a soft launch of the NC1 met Ted Klaus at a Gala function had him pinned in a corner until he promised he wasn't going to let the new NSX die on the vine like NA1 looks like all the promises of model upgrades and development were just that a promise.

I was in Japan 2015 for the 25th Anniversary of the NSX there was a soft launch of the NC1 met Ted Klaus at a Gala function had him pinned in a corner until he promised he wasn't going to let the new NSX die on the vine like NA1 looks like all the promises of model upgrades and development were just that a promise.

It takes more then building a good car. The launch dealer allocation and pricing messed the nc1 up and it never recovered. (Beyond Ted’s control) Now that it is discontinued the values will hold and climb. Human nature is a funny thing

It takes more then building a good car. The launch dealer allocation and pricing messed the nc1 up and it never recovered. (Beyond Ted’s control) Now that it is discontinued the values will hold and climb. Human nature is a funny thing

I never met Ted, but from people I know & respect in the NSX community...they say I'm lucky.

I liked him...always had a good interaction....

Are they adding all the safety items needed to sell in various markets? I don’t know what they are, so maybe US centric for sales and not worry about them in the 11th hour?

If Turd was a real project leader he would have gotten the top folks at Honda to commit to being a long term participant in the super car space.

The car is fine, late to market but is a fine car.

Honda played tourist in the space now for the second go round.

Hopefully the e sports car will slot lower that the NSX did so more folks can afford it and expectations for customization, features, updates, customer service won't be as hard to meet as they are in the super car space.

I see the nsx buyer falling into a few buckets. The first are the guys who can just afford it,,a little uncomfortable but can.What gets them to sleep at night is knowing its a honda/acura and they are going to a local dealer of every day cars. For those who can comfortably afford it , they take the time to understand its tech and relevance. It may be one of only a few cars they own.The last are the guys who have lots of cars and use it as their dd..kinda like the dinghy....:biggrin:

Biff I too am considering an attempt to add the Type S to complement my LFA and my 240Z. Have been waiting for a convertible version which is not coming now so may go with the hardtop. Have a nice SLS GT roadster that gets wind in my hair but still disappointed in Acura’s decision.

Lovely white collection and Brilliant yellow NC1 Malibu. Great to see some die hard JDM exotic fans in here.

The Type S seems planned, albeit sooner than later. I bet when they planned it, they entered a meta-contract for X amount of units produced. Took the original NA1/2 16ish years to reach ~20K sold globally thanks to the 90s bubble. Perhaps Honda envisioned a Less than~3000 units produced given their price point above all other Hondas? I really Hope Ted or his successor will try to follow through for the 3rd gens, with lessons learned of course.

Biff I too am considering an attempt to add the Type S to complement my LFA and my 240Z. Have been waiting for a convertible version which is not coming now so may go with the hardtop. Have a nice SLS GT roadster that gets wind in my hair but still disappointed in Acura’s decision.

I think it’s the perfect pairing to the LFA. Both the ultimate expression of the ultimate Japanese manufacturers.

Lovely white collection and Brilliant yellow NC1 Malibu. Great to see some die hard JDM exotic fans in here.

The Type S seems planned, albeit sooner than later. I bet when they planned it, they entered a meta-contract for X amount of units produced. Took the original NA1/2 16ish years to reach ~20K sold globally thanks to the 90s bubble. Perhaps Honda envisioned a Less than~3000 units produced given their price point above all other Hondas? I really Hope Ted or his successor will try to follow through for the 3rd gens, with lessons learned of course.

Thank you Sir. Die hard JDM I am.

Back