• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S questions

2022 Type-S questions

(Likely also applicable to 2017-2021 M Y NC1 NSX's)

1) Any conjecture on why Acura did not offer a soft-sided "luggage" set for the Type-S ? It'd be nice to have custom-fitted soft-sided "bags" to fit the weird shaping of the trunk space.

2) The exhaust outlets - why four (4)? Educate me, please. Are two outlets for the turbos and two for the 3.5 liter engine?

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but we (all of us NC1 nsx owners) have 4 exhaust outlets. When the vales are closed the exhaust goes through the outer ones through the mufflers. When the valves are open, the exhaust goes through the centre two, basically direct.

No luggage because Acura is not a real top tier luxury company
They didn't even offer purple paint so the purple lady who was president of the NSX club could get the car in her favorite color

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but we (all of us NC1 nsx owners) have 4 exhaust outlets. When the vales are closed the exhaust goes through the outer ones through the mufflers. When the valves are open, the exhaust goes through the centre two, basically direct.

Please further explain. What valves?

Source of/for this info, please?

Please further explain. What valves?

Source of/for this info, please?
The NC1 uses a valved exhaust system. In Sport+ mode and higher, electronic valves open that divert the exhaust past the mufflers and out the center 2 pipes. It's not really a straight pipe system because the exhaust gas still passes through the cats, but it's louder.

NC1exh.png

Back