• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type S (Upgrades only add up to 600 HP?)

Engine testing after build

John Watts replied concerning my earlier post, the oil filter is not replaced after the engine is balanced, before the oil is put back in the engine after testing.

John Watts replied concerning my earlier post, the oil filter is not replaced after the engine is balanced, before the oil is put back in the engine after testing.

Well, that's interesting... I wonder why? Surely they have done oil/filter analysis to know that it's not required.

Engine oil

Yes, I assume that there is a reason to not change the oil & filter, I expected both would be changed after the 2 hour run for testing, especially if they drain & test the oil. After I asked about the oil, they explained that they drained the oil to balance the engine, I expect if the oil did not test OK they would expect their is a problem with the engine.

it does run very smooth, I expect balancing contributes to that.

That's awesome! I received some pics of my car at the factory this week, and it's coming along nicely. I'm hoping it's completed by 1 June when I arrive at PMC. 🤞

Enjoy it!

Pics?? Wow, you must being doing something right. I can’t get so much as a peep about my car, which was supposed to be an April build. Not even assigned a VIN yet.

Pics?? Wow, you must being doing something right. I can’t get so much as a peep about my car, which was supposed to be an April build. Not even assigned a VIN yet.

a7951ee4bf99645c47aa9671b48950cd.jpg

e41c0b7c0dad5b1806c19edcba949b90.jpg

8a8b3d2acf4c40678e48eb5afcdc0fa8.jpg

Your probably will come next month, mine was suppose to be march.

Talk to your regional sales manager they know what’s going on more then anyone else. My dealership was on point with everything I had questions on so that also helps. When asking for a vin. Acura was of no help but my dealership was able to find that which helps for financing before these rates get crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t get so much as a peep about my car, which was supposed to be an April build. Not even assigned a VIN yet.
I mentioned this in another thread, but in February, the PMC concierge (for the insider experience) emailed me I was an April build. Several weeks ago the concierge emailed me saying production was on hold and asked if I still wanted the Insider Experience (I didn't). The dealer just got back to me last week and said I was #97 (VIN assigned as well ending in 97) and it should arrive at the dealership in 2-3 weeks. So there is hope.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread, but in February, the PMC concierge (for the insider experience) emailed me I was an April build. Several weeks ago the concierge emailed me saying production was on hold and asked if I still wanted the Insider Experience (I didn't). The dealer just got back to me last week and said I was #97 (VIN assigned as well ending in 97) and it should arrive at the dealership in 2-3 weeks. So there is hope.

Thanks for the encouragement. I finally got my VIN today.

Back