• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type S (Upgrades only add up to 600 HP?)

Just dropped in to say hey. Funny to see people measuring their dicks here on the inter webs.
The new nsx will get slayed, even with 600 hp. Accept it...
If you enjoy the car, just enjoy it. At least you guys aren't getting a new pig faced crapper like other brands...
On another note, hellcats? seriously.

Last edited:
Satooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:biggrin:

Batmans.....is FB down.....slumming?:tongue:

Dam. I wake up from a coma and the 2 of u are moderators.

I am not even active on NSX Prime FB.

Indeed Honcho is the Lawnmower man....:biggrin:

anybody with over 10k posts who quits cold turkey has either had ECT or a life changing experience..:tongue:

AM-JKLViKb8y7kukge5HpCGVC3LplO4E0DDtykRqgArFW3XPNcnnsSnbp5DEkotTp71TUuU2vr6N_ZWK-pdhQr1A23DKo0zZlfKEdZQeaQniB8xOD8wS_zD90OKdh_Dji9_XCDAtVK7BED2X5OJK6YrfY9PQBA=w320-h180-no

anybody with over 10k posts who quits cold turkey has either had ECT or a life changing experience..:tongue:

Wow. didn't even realize that I was a post whore with that many posts.

i think since the Facebook groups, and at one point Prime was heavily policed, I and many others kinda lost gradual or immediate interests on Prime.

Besides, I wasn't really learning anything interesting.

For example, remember my engine build almost a decade ago? I was teaching more than learning.

Go with the Wiseco 2618 forged alloy.... not with the 4032 alloy for high boost builds.

TVS2300 is the best positive displacement blower for the NSX instead of the KB/Lysholm.

Ceramic/thermal coatings and so forth........

Can't wait to add the C8 Z06 to my stable. Imagine the aftermarket support and knowledge base there.

After driving NSX Type S for a week, I can confidently report that it definitely feels it has more power than the advertised 27 hp bump. Top end is very noticeable. On my previous 17 and 19, I loved the pull from low rpm to mid range. However, upper end just feels flat or underwhelming on bone stock NC1. The NSX-S pulls nicely all the way to redline, shift and it does it again in next gear and pull all the way to redline. The power/torque curve feels very nice. I don't feel it is much slower than my previous Taycan Turbo S it replaces.

I am really curious to see dyno plot on NSX-S. Those who enjoy driving in manual mode all the time will love the rapid downshift. Cruising in 6gear, instead of pull shift lever 4 times to drop to 2nd gear, just pull and hold and it drop to 2nd gear or whatever lowest gear available for the given speed.

My prior 19 NC1 had sprint booster V3, I like the car so much better with it, so I added it to my Type S and it made the car perfect for my liking (red 6 is what I set it at, red 9 is too aggressive).

Last edited:
After driving NSX Type S for a week, I can confidently report that it definitely feels it has more power than the advertised 27 hp bump. Top end is very noticeable. On my previous 17 and 19, I loved the pull from low rpm to mid range. However, upper end just feels flat or underwhelming on bone stock NC1. The NSX-S pulls nicely all the way to redline, shift and it does it again in next gear and pull all the way to redline. The power/torque curve feels very nice. I don't feel it is much slower than my previous Taycan Turbo S it replaces.

I am really curious to see dyno plot on NSX-S. Those who enjoy driving in manual mode all the time will love the rapid downshift. Cruising in 6gear, instead of pull shift lever 4 times to drop to 2nd gear, just pull and hold and it drop to 2nd gear or whatever lowest gear available for the given speed.

My prior 19 NC1 had sprint booster V3, I like the car so much better with it, so I added it to my Type S and it made the car perfect for my liking (red 6 is what I set it at, red 9 is too aggressive).

I hope it makes 630-640 and they just under rated it like McLaren does. Each turbo is 2.5mm larger which should be good for 20-25hp more (40-50hp total between the two). Add the 10% increase of EV power and you get 630-640. Just wishful hoping I guess.

Type S HP

FYI - When I was at the Anna engine plant on 1/27, I specifically asked about the HP increase from 573 to 600, noting that many had questioned that and expected more with the new turbos, larger fuel injectors and increase of HP from the electric motors, several of the members of the engine build team said no, without hesitation and refereed to their results from the testing (all engines are run for 2 hours, 6, 20 minute intervals, 1 warm up, 1 cool down, 1 each @ 2K, 3K, 4K & 5K) in one of the 2 rooms, all results are recorded into the system. They also drain and test the oil after testing, balance the engine and put the oil back in, I forgot to ask if they install a new oil filter before the oil is put back in the engine. The twin motor unit is not part of the test, I am not sure if the 3rd electric motor is part of the test as I do not remember if the transmission is installed when the engine is tested, I will have to look at my pictures.

I sent a note to John Watts, out NSC Insider Tour Guide, concerning the oil filter, if it is replaced before the oil is put back in the engine after testing and balancing, I will post the answer after I hear back from him.

I got my VIN number but car is still not done waiting on parts.

Are we able to tell what car number we are from VIN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I’ll be car 102

Let me know when you are car is built, as I am only 18 cars behind you. Would be good to know. I'm hoping mine will be complete by the end of the month.

FYI - When I was at the Anna engine plant on 1/27, I specifically asked about the HP increase from 573 to 600, noting that many had questioned that and expected more with the new turbos, larger fuel injectors and increase of HP from the electric motors, several of the members of the engine build team said no, without hesitation and refereed to their results from the testing (all engines are run for 2 hours, 6, 20 minute intervals, 1 warm up, 1 cool down, 1 each @ 2K, 3K, 4K & 5K) in one of the 2 rooms, all results are recorded into the system. They also drain and test the oil after testing, balance the engine and put the oil back in, I forgot to ask if they install a new oil filter before the oil is put back in the engine. The twin motor unit is not part of the test, I am not sure if the 3rd electric motor is part of the test as I do not remember if the transmission is installed when the engine is tested, I will have to look at my pictures.

I sent a note to John Watts, out NSC Insider Tour Guide, concerning the oil filter, if it is replaced before the oil is put back in the engine after testing and balancing, I will post the answer after I hear back from him.

Great info, thanks

Let me know when you are car is built, as I am only 18 cars behind you. Would be good to know. I'm hoping mine will be complete by the end of the month.

Just picked up my car yesterday !

Just picked up my car yesterday !

That's awesome! I received some pics of my car at the factory this week, and it's coming along nicely. I'm hoping it's completed by 1 June when I arrive at PMC. 🤞

Enjoy it!

Back