• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ufc

Have any of you guys been to see a UFC live?
I watch it on bravo whenever i get the chance.some of those guys are so tough its unbelievable.
Do any of you have a particular favourite that you like to watch?Randy Coture(sp?) for me.The guy is an inspiration.What is he,42? and he is in tremendous shape.

My all time favorite would have to be Royce Gracie. He hasn't fought in the UFC in quite some time, but when he did fight, he never lost... and that was before weight classes, time limits, etc. The guy was 180 lb going against others 250 lb and more. That whole Gracie family are incredible fighters, his half brother Rickson Gracie is supposed to have an undefeated record and several hundred MMA wins.

You missed the big event last weekend. Couture got knocked out by Chuck Liddell. Chuck landed a great shot, and another great shot when Randy was already out. Couture was out cold. The rest of the event was a snoozefest.

The Gracies including Royce have lost many times in Pride. There's a guy there named Sakuraba that they call the Gracie Hunter who beat most of the Gracies but he's out of his prime now. But early on they used to dominate because ppl didn't know how to counter BJJ. Now fighters have to be more complete and BJJ doesn't have the same success or mystique that it used to.

MMA is gonna be huge now with the success of TUF (The Ultimate Fighter). www.sherdog.com is a good source of info on MMA.

Malibu Rapper said:
You missed the big event last weekend. Couture got knocked out by Chuck Liddell. Chuck landed a great shot, and another great shot when Randy was already out. Couture was out cold.
I saw that on saturday night.yeah it was a blinding performance from Chuck.
In fairness to Randy,he was one of the most gracious losers i have seen on the UFC.He had nothing but credit for Chuck Liddell.Like the terminator i believe he will be back. :biggrin:

When is it on bravo? I have never seen any UFC of any kind yet, but was curious.

jaytip nsx said:
In fairness to Randy,he was one of the most gracious losers i have seen on the UFC.He had nothing but credit for Chuck Liddell.Like the terminator i believe he will be back. :biggrin:

Randy is the classiest guy in the game. No excuses. At sherdog.com they are talking about that eye incident early on in the fight and how Chuck did the same thing to Tito which really caused Tito to get hit in that last fight. Randy's a good role model for the sport.

jlindy said:
When is it on bravo? I have never seen any UFC of any kind yet, but was curious.

I haven't noticed it on Bravo at all. Usually the events are all pay-per-view although UFC had a series on SpikeTV called "Ultimate Fighter" which was pretty good. You can also rent some of the tapes from Blockbuster.

I don't know if you get a different bravo in the States to what we get in the UK but it is on every week night at 11:30 over here.
A lot of the shows are re-runs though :frown: and it is frustrating waiting up to watch it and then realising it is a re-run.

i dont know about you but i thought the matt hughes and frank trigg fight was the best fight of the night. The Liddell vs. Couture fight ended rather quickly .

sc boosted nSx said:
i dont know about you but i thought the matt hughes and frank trigg fight was the best fight of the night. The Liddell vs. Couture fight ended rather quickly .

I agree. I think that's the first time I seen someone escape a rear naked choke. Just when you thought Matt was gonna tap, he somehow got out of that then pounced. Unreal!

Back