• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unidentified object in my NSX?

I cannot identify this little black square box in the driver seat. Could you please tell me what it is? and what is it for? I bought this car 2 months ago and it has been modified by the previous owners.

DSCN2095.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the glass mounted side of a cell phone antenna.

Looks like a thig-a-ma-jig to me.:biggrin:

My guess it has to do with an aftermarket security system.

It looks like a "shock" sensor. The + / - adjust would be to set the sensitivity. Usually this is attached to the body, seat or solid part of the car.

When the car is moved (Tow truck etc.) or if someone broke in and sat on or put pressure on the seat it would trigger the alarm or starter disable etc.

That's what I think it is. Just my .02

My guess it has to do with an aftermarket security system.

It looks like a "shock" sensor. The + / - adjust would be to set the sensitivity. Usually this is attached to the body, seat or solid part of the car.

When the car is moved (Tow truck etc.) or if someone broke in and sat on or put pressure on the seat it would trigger the alarm or starter disable etc.

That's what I think it is. Just my .02

This little box is sitting on the dash board of the driverside and it is about 0.5x0.5 inch

shock sensor with sensitivity adjustment it looks like. But every shock sensor I've seen has holes so that it can be attached with screws to solid point or zip tied to the steering column. This one looks like double sided sticky tape with no holes to use screws, which defeats the purpose of a shock sensor since the thick double sided tape will absorb alot of vibration/shock. Placement is also wrong for a proximity sensor.

Last edited:
What kind of alarm system do you have in the car?

It looks a bit like the connector of a Clifford alarm system which is used to program or reset your alarm security codes and such.

If it is important enough to you then trace the wire. My money is on a glass break sensor/motion sensor. My NSX came with an aftermarket alarm system and I removed it entirely and returned it to stock.

Flux Capacitor? :tongue::wink:

Looks like something that has do to with an antenna of sorts.

What kind of alarm system do you have in the car?

It looks a bit like the connector of a Clifford alarm system which is used to program or reset your alarm security codes and such.

Do you know the stock has an alarm system that is built in? Since you mentioned alarm system, I realized the alarm system went off once and I used keyless to disarm it.

I don't have any remote control for the alarm system except the stock keyless remote.

If it is important enough to you then trace the wire. My money is on a glass break sensor/motion sensor. My NSX came with an aftermarket alarm system and I removed it entirely and returned it to stock.

Yep, my mechanic thoroughly enjoyed removing the spaghetti that used to be my alarm system.

Back